IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Thank you everyone !

Rather showing , than testing... I too have question why they did not begin the test well before production.

We will have a lunch with Mr.Uemura & Mr. Osawa in April, I will ask your questions.

Blue, thank you for the reference about the muffler !

Kats

• 4 months later...

• 7 months later...

Like that Tokyo Datsun sticker. Nice classic touch.  You got me wondering if there were any pure race versions of the ZG and I googled and found a

1973 zg GTS-II    I have never heard of this before or i have but forgot (old brain). It has a crossflow head LY28 engine. I'm assuming its an OS Giken head.

From what i've read before, the standard ZG has the nose,headlight covers, wider fender flares and what they call group-4 racing specs. Not sure what

those are.

Edit: Kats i'm going to be in Osaka/Nagoya in may. Any chance you taking me for a ride in that 432? LOL

Edited by hr369

5 hours ago, hr369 said:

Like that Tokyo Datsun sticker. Nice classic touch.  You got me wondering if there were any pure race versions of the ZG and I googled and found a

1973 zg GTS-II    I have never heard of this before or i have but forgot (old brain). It has a crossflow head LY28 engine. I'm assuming its an OS Giken head.

From what i've read before, the standard ZG has the nose,headlight covers, wider fender flares and what they call group-4 racing specs. Not sure what

those are.

Edit: Kats i'm going to be in Osaka/Nagoya in may. Any chance you taking me for a ride in that 432? LOL

Hi hr369,

Please let me know when you come to Japan. My Z432 and Orange 240Z has been displayed in a old car museum in Osaka, I hope I can bring my Z432

for a ride.

Kats

glion11jpg.jpg

• Like 2

Tools and books

This 240ZG came with all the tools and books , I can see the paper has a stamp dated " 47 . 6 . 15"

means 15th Jun 1972.

And the screw driver is a reversible type, and a wood grip!

I will show inside of the books , invoices, and a highlight is an owners memo which was recoded for his questions / complains / wants etc.

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kats said:

Hi hr369,

Please let me know when you come to Japan. My Z432 and Orange 240Z has been displayed in a old car museum in Osaka, I hope I can bring my Z432

for a ride.

Kats

Kats, I will be in Osaka may 15-25. Where is this museum? I will be in Higashi and Umeda.

Here is a video for you, Jun 1972 Fairlady-240ZG has a Hitachi 8 track audio system CST-2000Z, operating light is green and see the DX button works pretty good , seeking ability becomes more sensitive.

Kats

This is the Jan 1970 Fairlady-Z432

8track audio system CST-113ZA

a red operating light , No DX button, No auto seeking.

Operation of a cassette tape is the same for both. An optional FM pack is a fun to listen .

Kats

• Like 1

Fairlady-240Z & 240ZG special features,

Black wiper 

Red begins 200km/h on speed (also Z432)

Auto tuning radio (CST-2000Z)(also Z432)

Gray rear bumper and long center rubber (240ZG only)

G-nose & over fenders (240ZG only)

Special long towing bracket(240ZG only)

FS5C71B ratio (also Z432)

Hub cap (scallop type )

Front fender & rear deck emblem "Fairlady " 

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg