IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

I did not realize that the Z432 was your car. I was at the show with my car (bright, BRIGHT orange 240z with the LS1) but spent a good 20 minutes just walking around your car. I was around when you started it up and the sound was musical.

You have a very beautiful car. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thank you ktm , I think you were at People's choice car show,were not you?

LS 1 with very bright orange, I think I saw it.

Probably you noticed when looking at my car, bad points of S20 engine.

S20 is a very heavy, and mounted very high.Yes Z432 has stiffer springs,and very light magnesium wheels, and aluminum radiator.

But I am not happy about this handling ability.

On the other hand,my blue 240Z handles very light and quick.

My orange 240Z has a nice airconditioning, lots of heavy mecanism are installed in front, so it does not handle as good as my blue 240Z.

LS1, it is a good handling machine, lower mount and short longitudinal dimention.

bartsscooterservice,

ethanol, I did not know that is a reason, thank you.

Mike B, thank you for bringing your NOS FM pack and assorted items.

We made it, your export version created woderful tuning and we listened clear

FM radio!

Kats

Edited by kats

So, if you want a happy driving with S20 motor, that is going to be definitely Z432-R.

FRP bonnet, no-air cleaner box, thin metal of wings,

more stiffer springs, quick arms make this car fan to drive.

Mr.Uemura said in his book, 'As it turned out,Z432 became a car with a lot of toppings'

I think Nissan executives wanted everything what they have on their new sports car to appeal people,and other manufactures.

But they did not sell Z432 abroad, that might be another story.

In the book,I can not believe that even Z432 could have put 4 speed.

The sales department claimed 5 speed costed a lot, and its shift feeling was not prefferable in some people,they wondered they would have complains from the customers 'does not much price and shift feeling'.

However Mr.Uemura insisted the sales department

'We only have this 5speed(porche synclo) , and I love this 5 speed.

Please do not make this car feel ashamed, other manufacturs such as Toyota ,Mazda put 5 speed for their sports cars'.

Kats

Edited by kats

Kats you could ask major fuel companies in Japan if they allready blend ethanol in the regular gasoline. I asked Shell here, and in their letter they confirm it's allready 5.7% in regular gasoline and in the near future it will be 10%. This 10% or E10 will give classic car owners like us with carburetors and fuel system not designed for ethanol a new problem..

My car can run on the " E5 " now, but E10 would not be possible to big chance of damage to the carburetors and fuel system.

Kats you could ask major fuel companies in Japan if they allready blend ethanol in the regular gasoline. I asked Shell here, and in their letter they confirm it's allready 5.7% in regular gasoline and in the near future it will be 10%. This 10% or E10 will give classic car owners like us with carburetors and fuel system not designed for ethanol a new problem..

My car can run on the " E5 " now, but E10 would not be possible to big chance of damage to the carburetors and fuel system.

FWIW,

About 99.9% of California gas stations sell only E10 gasohol. There are a handful of stations in the state that still sell non-ethanol blended gasoline...

post-24191-14150829834888_thumb.jpg

Hi Kats, I saw the Z432 has this nifty coolant recovery system and bracket. Don't see anything in my 240Z engine manual about coolant recovery. Most of the Z cars I see have something, from aftermarket plastic to chrome or beer can. It seems essential, at least in the desert. This one looks right, but I'm guessing it's difficult or impossible to find.

That is "Tank Assembly - Reservoir" 21510-E4201. My notes say that you may find it as E6300, but I don't remember what that was all about. The bracket is 21515-E4200 and E4201. The parts book I have shows it specifically for the S20 engine.