IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Thank you Fred and Chris,I am happy you like it .

Chris ,I sent a PM to you.

kats

PS:

I have just arrived LAX from Tokyo this morning,

flight time was 9:30, burn off fuel 167000lb, approximately

65000 USD for it.

ANA is the kick off customer of B787, but some of you know all the 787 can not fly

right now due to electrical problem.

if it flies, burn off fuel

will be 20% less than my B777...We do not know when 787 will be

back on normal and fly again. The lost is getting bigger and bigger every day...

I want to have fun with my Zs more , so I hope my airline will be

OK soon and do not cut payment for me!

kats

Edited by kats

Kats,

Here are the wing nuts on #32. They are the same early style as on your Z432.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Today I looked up wingnuts of both cars, I found that they are different in its bolt size.

I thought your 1969 240Z has same wingnut just like Z432 as-E4201, but it does not, yours is special wingnut for SU carb system.

Is your wingnut bolt thicker than the Z432 type is not it?

Attached picture is, the left is for the black air box just behind of the front bumper, the middle is for the orange air box in the engine room, the right is for the SU carb airbox. They are not interchangeble each other.

kats

post-3193-14150822667486_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Kats, have you seen this video Japan's retro car kings on youtube?

post-24552-14150823412586_thumb.jpg

At 6:15 the owner of TA auto shows a picture of a unrestored fairlady with the 432 emblem.

From the bad picture its difficult to see if its a true 432. I know you have been tracking

vin numbers of the remaining 432's in Japan and might be interested in seeing this car in

person.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello hr369,

Yes I saw this TV and Ando San is a great restorer who worked some parts for me.

I think the Z433 is owned by Ando San ,he has 2 Z432 I think(a red tribute Z432R and a yellow )

Kats

Kats, have you seen this video Japan's retro car kings on youtube?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61963[/ATTACH]

At 6:15 the owner of TA auto shows a picture of a unrestored fairlady with the 432 emblem.

From the bad picture its difficult to see if its a true 432. I know you have been tracking

vin numbers of the remaining 432's in Japan and might be interested in seeing this car in

person.

• 5 months later...
Carl,

8-track tapes are quite available, new and used. I have a brand new Datsun option 8-track player for the head unit in a 510. Interested? I'll even throw in "Alice's Restaurant". Frankly, it's more difficult to find an original player like Kats' that still works. Mine works.

(Edit) BTW the part # for the player I have is 99993-00206-80 "8 track deck" universal chassis. Brand new in the Datsun box.

So I just snagged one of these new in box. where/how were they installed?

Not sure If Im installing but like this option and definite conversation starter.

~Taz

• 2 weeks later...

@Jarvo2 looks like you have the Beltek unit that I have been looking for. The one I have coming is a Datsun Hitachi unit. That's the first set of directions that I have sen for it. Glovebox installation is not a concern as I already installed a HD Radio there and could relocate that elsewhere or remove at anytime. I have a toggle in the glovebox to switch between the stock and HD radio setups. if you ever want to part with that Beltek unit let me know.

~Taz

I have been to Munich, I was lucky to go to the October fiesta:beer:

So many people already there, no vacancy for tables.

Out of the fiesta, my favorite food is this, currywurst. 2.6euro !

I love beer in German too!

kats

That's a long way all the way from Japan ! I always get beer in Germany, I live close to the border. It's great yup.

• 7 months later...

Hi, sorry I have not updated more than a year, now I am back.

Here is the latest S20 engine sound of my car, I have been trying to find the best condition of the Mikuni Solex carbs, here is the best what I can do so far.

Kats

PS : the valve cover was dirty, after this shot I have the cover painted to its original color shown in the top cover of the old magazine.