IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Thank you LeonV:classic:

I proceed to modify my later bonnet for earliest style, Mr.Tasaka is doing the operation.

The later bonnet has a big hole each side of the catch mechanism and also has a small hole each side of the bonnet.

This later bonnet also has a reinforcement each side of the corner,so first of all, they needed to be taken off.

I think the most difficult part is cutting around holes and welding seat metal to be looked flat surface.

Has anyone tried this operation?

I will show progress of this mission.

kats

post-3193-14150821172779_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150821173271_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150821173699_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Mr.Tasaka did a great job for me, the project for the earliest bonnet has just completed yesterday.

I have an original earliest silver bonnet,but it has got a quite big dent in the middle.

So my Z432 has a later bonnet for instead,we discussed about which would be a better( the original bonnet can be fixed or the later bonnet

can be modified) for my Z432.

We decided to modify the later bonnet because it is easier and cheaper to achive the best result than fixing the original bonnet.

I am happy with this modified bonnet, 2 big upper holes and 2 small side holes are hidden by metal,

and 2 upper corner reinforcements are took off.

kats

post-3193-14150821301863_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150821302403_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415082130283_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

• 3 weeks later...

Hello surfer.tech,

You can buy it from Motorsport Auto,the front fender emblem can be put on the rear spoiler.

Just for your reference, rear deck embelm "Fairlady-Z" is defferent from the one on the fenders

,the rear deck emblem is slightly bent to match the curved surface of the rear deck panel.

I do not think Motorsport Auto is selling rear deck Fairlady-Z embelm,so you will not be in trouble.

However if someone wants to put the front fender emblem to the rear deck,he/she needs to bend it nicely.

Anyway both are exact same looks when you see from the top.

kats

Hey Kats,

Do you know where they still sell the "Fairlady Z" emblem for the rear spoiler?

post-3193-14150821540822_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150821541136_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150821541344_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats