IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Hello everyone,

I am sorry I did not reply for those nice inputs.

Thank you Koalia , z-spec , those are wonderful story.

ajmcforester,my Z432's Dunlop is still available like Michelin XWX.It is a bit expensive for 14inch wheel,but I really like the looks.

You can buy it from U.K. via internet.I got them in Japan ,Dunlop Japan is selling them(I think shipped from U.K.)

kats

Thanks Kats I found a supplier in Canada, I also found the blue film the stuff works great on protecting the car while working on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Have you watched these already?

http://www.dai2ntv.jp/player/index.html?item_id=NtvI00007911

http://www.dai2ntv.jp/player/index.html?item_id=NtvI00013902

http://www.dai2ntv.jp/player/index.html?item_id=NtvI00013903

My friend told me this web site,some nice old TV show "11PM" which every young people watched in Japan.

I think this 240ZG in this film has just made a debut to the public ,this part was titled "CAR GUIDANCE" might be around late 1971.You can see fresh 175HR14 too.

Also the Safari winner car,I can not believe Nissan let them drove that important car!The car might be soon returned from the rally.

kats

Edited by kats

Hi Carl,

I hope you can see it, the link directs you viewing immediately.

Or regional matter?

Thank you purplemonkey,you were able to see it, were not you?

Both of you are in Florida, how about other regions?

kats

Kats,

I can't see it in any browser I've tried (Firefox, Chrome, IE). It's a Flash-based video player and I've tried with the latest versions of Flash. I'm unable to translate the attached error message but hopefully that will explain why it's not working for some of us.

post-3294-14150810869216_thumb.jpg

Thank you Mike, Jim

Oh my, that attached error tells us "you can see it only in Japan" .....

This site has a lots of old car's film , "11PM" was introducing some nice cars from late 60s and 70s in Japan.Toyota 2000GT, skyline, Mitsubishi GTO, e.t.c. and some import cars.

I have to find some good way to show all of you outside Japan...

kats

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I do not think many people out side Japan would be interested in this,

but I would like to share this,PS30-00011 is still owned by an gentleman since 1978.

Recently I managed to obtain the registration data at 1978 from a Z fanatic,I was surprised that PS30-00011 was sold and registered.

A few days ago my friend has got an e-mail from the current owner,the owner is exactly the same man whos name was in the list at 1978.

The owner told my friend the 00011 has been garaged and disassembled to restore, but still needs lots of time to complete.

I am curious which car was assembled earlier between PS30-00011 and S30-00011 and HLS30-00011 and HS30-00011.

kats

Hello,

I do not think many people out side Japan would be interested in this,

but I would like to share this,PS30-00011 is still owned by an gentleman since 1978.

Yes, of course we are interested Kats! I think that most of use are interested in all of the S30 variants. I am glad that PS30-00011 still exists! Maybe we will get to see pictures of it some day.

I am curious which car was assembled earlier between PS30-00011 and S30-00011 and HLS30-00011 and HS30-00011.

kats

That is a good question Kats. As your data has shown (and Chris' Datsun 240Z Sports production video confirms), many of the earliest cars were right hand drive. It is possible that the first #11 was PS30 or S30. From what Carl indicated in this old post, the first HS30 that was sold to the public was #4 and that was supposedly produced in Jan 1970 http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showpost.php?p=45367&postcount=15. Not sure if that is accurate or not. It also makes me wonder if Nissan really needed to test and keep the first 15 or so of each of the different S30 variants. Maybe the testing was similar enough that they could use the knowledge gained from one test model prototype and apply it across other variants. That way they won't need to test and keep as many of some variants.

-Mike

I find the crash photo very interesting that it appears the car is missing lots of parts. No emblem on the fender, front bumper ?, windows down, seats ?, rear quarter window appears missing, no door handle or lock, no gas door lock, missing rear bumper, and the rear hatch glass appears missing. I understand the quarter vents covered by crash markers. Would some of these parts installed help the crash worthyness? Sad to see it in that condition.

Bonzi Lon