IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Hello,

As Carl pointed out very nicely, there are still many things have to be replaced to original.

This one is a Wing nut (actually it is a bolt) correct for Z432. The part number is 16516-E4201.

More to come soon...

kats

Hi Kats. #32 has those same wing nuts on its air cleaner. I'm away from my how today, so I'll post a picture of them tomorrow.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

What a great find,HLS30-00032 has 432 wing nuts!! I said 432 wing nuts because the part number is given E4201. But I am not sure this nut is really only for 432. It could be used for other Nissan/DATSUN models.

This shows us there were something unusual in early days of production does not it? I see the first U.S. 240Z sales brochure, the red car has ordinary wing nuts on the air cleaner box. Anyway what is the VIN for this red car?

I wish I had a chance to talk to Mr.Jon Parker,I would ask when and how this photo mission was taken.

Hi Chris, 26th and 27th both have normal wing nuts, great. #32 is an only one exceptional?

kats

Hi everyone,

Did you find my Z432 does not have original vacuum system? It is later type. See the picture,the periodically correct original has tall and hexagonal hat, the sticker "H" means use for High octane gas.

I am going to install this today.

Also the bracket for the electrical fuel pump, my Z432's bracket is cut away of lower guard panel I do not know why. Maybe previous owner thought this makes easier to replace the fuel filter.

Amazing,this bracket is not supplied from Nissan(of cource it is NLA),this is a reproduction by Mr.Nishi. This is a hand made,please see this perfect shape and high quality.

The part number is 17033-E4200.

kats

post-3193-14150803677264_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150803678244_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415080367873_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415080367917_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150803679485_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150803680034_thumb.jpg

#32 is an only one exceptional?

kats

HI Kats:

No - I noticed yours because 5 or 6 of the 69 production year cars I've seen still have one or both. AIR #20 had one, and one regular bolt (not even a wing head) in the air cleaner. There are actually two slightly different types with the nut wrapped by the wing...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Hi Mike,

I see the first U.S. 240Z sales brochure, the red car has ordinary wing nuts on the air cleaner box. Anyway what is the VIN for this red car?

I wish I had a chance to talk to Mr.Jon Parker,I would ask when and how this photo mission was taken.

kats

Hi Kats:

The Red car is HLS30 00007.

The photographer that took some of the original pictures of the cars in early Oct. 1969 contacted me some time ago and I now have some of his original negatives and photo's. (he kept the one's that Nissan did not purchase for publication at the time).

FWIW,

Carl B.

Hi Chris:

It could be - but I'm not certain of that. The Red car used in the 69 Sales Sheet - might be the same one, only with the DATSUN emblems now on the front fenders and "D" hubcaps now added. Its possible.

Here is another 1970 Advertisement (see below image) - that shows the same red car as the 70 Showroom Sales Brochure, taken at the same photo shoot, only this time used for a Magazine Ad instead of for the 70 Showroom Sales Brochure. It was also used to produce a huge Billboard on the LA Freeway.

Kats mentioned the wing nuts - and the 70 Showroom Sales Brochure (SSB) shows a picture of the engine. So I thought that was the one he was referring too.

#006, 007 and 008 were expedited from Japan for the Introduction in New York, as well as the rest of the International Auto Show circuit. Also for photo op's. and Ad. Copy etc. On this day they took the red Z for the photo shoot. BSR got the Green car in the SSB #6 after it was damaged, and the silver car in the SSB, #8 went to Bob Speckman when it came off the show circuit. The last known owner of #7 was Ron Cook.

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150803689182_thumb.jpg