IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Like Tony D's Fairlady-Z (standard model),is the lightest Z for the ordinary customer.(racing model Z432-R is the lightest, but it is not listed in the brouchure)

Kats,

I'm surprised to see you write that the Z432-R model was not listed in the domestic brochures, as I have two early brochures in my collection where it very clearly was listed.

The clearest of these - the 'Your Dream Comes True' campaign poster-size fold-out with the red bonnet front cover - you showed in your latest post.......

Here's a close-up of the back cover, with the Z432-R on the top right:

post-2116-14150802171562_thumb.jpg

Hi Alan,

I was surprised,Z432R is shown in yours.But in my catalog, it does not show the Z432R data. I did not know there is a catalog like Alan has.Which is the earliest between yours and mine? Maybe mine is a little earlier because yours has mentioned about automatic trans.

I said "Z432R is not listed in the brochure" ,I know if I say like this,I am not right.Yes, it is listed.But always only very small description, a very few shots. No specific data is listed in the catalog/manuals.

At that time this was in my mind " we can see the Z432R in the brochure,but we can not see the data of its car because the data is not listed"

Even the service bulletin says "So Racing and Rally version PS30SB(Z432R) is a special car that this bulletin does not mention at all"

We always frustrated we can see very little description like this, " Z432R for motor sport and racing,can be tuned highly"

But yours listed Z432R's picture.Great Alan!!

kats

PS/ The original owner of this catalog might buy Fairlady Z(basic model) ,he circled the left red Z.You see the writing 97.6 is a retail price at Tokyo 976,000 JPY.

post-3193-14150802171896_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the close up of the firewall showing the trottle linkage and more importantly the choke cable boot. It looks the same as the throttle boot. Might have to use the same boot on mine as I've moved to triple 44's. Great pics as always Kats, keep them coming.

Does anyone know why the fresh air ducts are configured for the lower of the two radiator support bracket holes? Those repo ducts look great.

Hi 240znz,

The grommet for the choke cable is not an original.I just could not come by an original so applied this like throttle boot.

Please see the picture of service bulletin.

And the duct,it should be go down due to an air cleaner duct running through upper hole.

Thank you,

kats

post-3193-14150802173226_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150802173788_thumb.jpg

Hello Chris,how are you doing ? how is the Restoration going?

Will,thank you for the info of nuts.Nowadays tapered basement is common,but AP and American racing need flat basement nuts,right?

And this shot is only one Z432R in the brochure.No precise description/specification data.Very cool!

kats

post-3193-14150802174361_thumb.jpg

"And Z432's magnesium wheel needs special nut(not special??)40224-E4200.

Is this same shape of the one which is used for common slotted wheel?"

Hi Kats - I have a NOS set of lug nuts (Nissan Part Number 40224-R4670) to show the difference with your 40224-E4200 set. The obvious difference would be the lack of a washer on yours. Also, in place of the washer the base is quite a bit more substantial. What is the reason for not using a washer on the magnesium wheels?

Thanks for the geat display of photos to brighten our day.

There must be something special about those nuts Kats. I noticed that in the 1973-12 HS30 Sports Option Parts catalog that they cost almost 3 times as much as the others listed. Is it just because of the special dimensions or perhaps the material they are made from? I also noticed there was only one SPACER-lock nut 48635-E7200 listed (what I refered to as a washer). This SPACER must have been used with all the nuts listed? The spacers are captive on the set of nuts I have.

Looking at the last five digits of the three part numbers, R46xx indicates that those were originally used on a KGC110, E42xx on a PS30, and E72xx on a PS30S. Those number indicate the original application but these parts were used on subsequent models as the 40224-R4670 lug nuts are the same part number used on the aluminum wheels on my US market 810 but they are identical to the ones on my 78 280Z which are 40224-N3200 but supercede to 40224-R4670.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

This winter in Japan,we have got snow quite often.Terrible salt spread on the road everywhere especially country road and some highway.I know but I drove my 240Z and Z432 a little:ermm:

Thank you geezer and sblake01, actually

My Z432 is not using original nut E4200, I now found Z432 is using the nut you posted, R4670.I did not know that.

E4200 is just little bigger than the hole,it can not be in the hole.

My friend who is also a Z432 owner,he trimmed the nuts at a professional factory and use them.

Probably E4200 used to small as an original made back in 70's, as opposed to the nuts which we can get now is original Nissan made but it is not completely the same like used to.

Today some pictures,please note the spare tire cover,it is different from other model.It is made two pieces for Z432 only.This is a reproduction has just completed for me. The material is exactly same as an original.The jute pad you can see is also same material but not dyed.

And an oscillator,I replaced to a NOS one.It is bolted,the bolts are welded on the fire wall.

kats

post-3193-14150802495958_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150802496511_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150802497064_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150802497609_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150802498161_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150802498593_thumb.jpg