IGNORED

14 months later.

a7dz

Jim, You've been an inspiration, altho won't be able to make the 'mostly myself' claim about the welding. Having a friend do it for me, but hope to learn and do as much of it myself as he'll let me. Stripped off tar-mat, vinyl and pulled the old engine on Sunday. Will have new floorpans, seatmounts and frame rail reinforcements, as well as a fixed hole under battery. I am stoked. Now to sell some extra parts to finance the job. Your car is looking beautiful - hope to see you and the car in person in Tacoma some day.

• 3 months later...

The bumpers were replated by:

Star Bright Chrome Plating

Oregon City OR 97045

The wheels are Keystone. They have been on this car since it was new. If anybody has seen Keystone center caps I am still searching for replacements.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting closer every day getting itchy to get her running. I cleaned the gas tank for the second time per the tank sealer instructions. Should have the tank in next week. Sure would be sweet to hear her run next week end. That would put it right at two years since I tore her clear down. It takes some time to get the tank dry again after you rinse the soap and phospheric acid out of them.

Just got the chrome pieces back onto the tail lights look like new.

Here are the latest pictures.

post-1188-14150801788713_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150801789346_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150801789928_thumb.jpg