IGNORED

YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK AT THESE Z's!!!

toecutter

Spend the extra on Kyosho. It's worth it. Curtis, I do not think they are still in production but some model shops may still have one. Or try ebay.

Has anybody seen the Jada cars in shops in Aus? Or is ebay the only way.

I hate you guys posting all these great looking cars. Because of you, I had to go out and but a few of these to keep my die cast stealth aircraft company. :)

I ended up ordering the white 1:24 1970 240Z by Franklin Mint, the green 1:18 1970 240Z by Yat Ming (wrong hubcaps and all), and the silver 1972 240Z 1:18 by SunStar.

I've got most of those. The 26 and the Sun Star have the "D" caps though there never was a black 240Z, I have the Z33 because it was cheap ($10 at Costco), the two Kyosho's are the most detailed though the 240 has the 'Fairlady' hubcaps.

29m1wjk.jpg

I'm just wondering...

If any of you guys want to build your own r/c Z car, about how much would you want to spend on it? Consider that most car bodies are $15 - $20, how high would you go for the chassis?

CHASSIS: A car frame with shocks & springs all around, A-arm front suspension & usually a straight rear axle w/ diff. The rear suspension may be of the independant type. Removable wheels ( to customise tires & rims.)

RADIO: A fully proportional radio control system with variable speed forward ( and maybe backward), and real proportional steering. It also has the usual 7.2V NiCad car battery, and a pistol-type transmitter.

Support equipment: A battery charger for the car battery is about all you'll need. Any more is optional, to taste.

The dececent car chassis kits run $90-$120.

The 240Z car prototype we are working on right now is totally up in design. If people want a $$9 chassis, I know where to get some, but the car will suck meaning it'll be "slow," and the steering will be like full-left, center, or full-right. The range would be about 100 - 200 ft, which might be OK, because you want to see where you're driving. The prototype Will & I are working on will have the 'good' chassis with 2WD, not the 4WD that people use for racing. It'll be fast. (so to speak,) Faster than "scale," but you can get used to it. The steering will be proportional, so you can go through a slolom course and just miss the cones, like in reality.

Thst's the $100 chassis deal.

thx