IGNORED

Wiper boots dry out Fast

TomoHawk

Skin lotions have the mostly the same stuff that dishwashing soaps have, but in different amounts.
True. They also contain perfumes, fillers, dyes and such that either have no use for this application, or that might be detrimental. Why try to press something into use far outside its designer's intentions when properly designed solutions already exist? Makes no sense!

Let's see, the vinyl and rubber dressing I use from Griot's Garage works fine on my tires and bumper rubber, so maybe I should use it as a hand lotion??

Gary, Using dish soap or anything else that will wash out with water is not the thing thing you want for your wiper shaft boots. I can't imgine hy it was suggested. It's not the right thing.Everybody has their own thing they like.

I will be using the correct thing, when I find it.

:rolleyes: Look , once the boot is in place it is going to do it's job . What ever you use to make it slick that will not attack the rubber will work just fine . Soap or detergent or what ever is only to make the thing slick so it will slide on . I never use silicone on my car because it is near impossible to get rid of later. Especially if you ever wish to paint the car . If you get any on your fingers and touch ANY thing else you will spread the darn stuff . the detergent or spit for darn sake will make the rubber slick and will work . I rarely ever respond to your threads or post because they end up like this . You must make everything a debate and over the dumbest things .:sick: Gary

:rolleyes: Look , once the boot is in place it is going to do it's job . What ever you use to make it slick that will not attack the rubber will work just fine . I rarely ever respond to your threads or post because they end up like this . You must make everything a debate and over the dumbest things .:sick: Gary

I second and third that!! Once it's on leave it alone. Kinda like a scab, don't continue to pick at it. Take the advice and leave it alone.

Buy NEW boots. Spit on 'em, put them on and walk away. nuff said.

Dave.

I got a couple sets of replacement wiper boots through eBay, and both sets dried out & crumbled after a few months. Is that correct, or did I get some junk?

You got screwed Tomo.... New boots should last a lot longer than a few months. :)

Guys, don't let this get into a flamer....

They speak the truth. It's really hard to watch the amazing twists, turns, and off-topic tangents that this guy adds to any thread, whether or not it's one he started, without responding.

I will be using the correct thing, when I find it.

I hope you do!