IGNORED

Deciding on a color...

SportBikeMike

i'm wanting to paint my car a pale yellow, so i say go for that since its the orginal and it looks hot! classic, sporty, bright, and gets attention while still not being to in your face

well i'd idealy like the colour of the miura concept, but if 919 was my orginal colour it would do!

As above, its your car so paint it what you want. We are just adding our own opinions which should have no final bearing on YOUR decision.

With regard to resale, then yeah sure, you may lose a little if there is another identical car but with factory paint for sale at the same time.

You are right, final colour chioce is a HUGE decision. Every since I got my car I have always liked the idea of changing the colour to red. The period reds are not to my liking so I am going for a modern red called Sting Red used on Holden Commadores and is not as scarlet as the Ferarri red but just a bit less "in your face". I did have a moment or two I admit thinking that orange or yellow are nice but I always steer back to the red. You may find you do to.

The only advise I can give you is do not rush your decision at all. If you get the colour wrong now, then you'll kick yourself for years.

Check the Holden website out and you'll find the red I'm talking about. http://www.hsv.com.au/index_eseries.asp look under cars and GTO. I took a LS2 powered SS for a blat 3 weeks ago and confirm that they are evil things that should be only driven on race tracks.

I feel your pain. I will be faced with what color to paint my 73. I quess you will know it when see it. I am leaning towards a PPG Torch Red color that I have seen on many show cars. I like the depth of this red but like many things it's all in the prep and application. I am also looking at a 350Z blue.

Since my car will not be 100% reproduction restore I don't have a problem changing the color to something I like as long as it look great.

At the end of the day you have to live with it, make it something you like unless of course you are trying to keep it orginal.

Would I be banished from the Z community if I painted my '73 a non-'73 color- 919 yellow? I prefer this slightly over the 112......or I might go red...who knows....we'll see...

Of course, if you go with yellow, you get the added benefit of being in the illustrious "Yellow Z-Car Club" :laugh:

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Well, looks like I'm gonna have more time to decide. The guy at the bodyshop where I'm having the job done says he's a lil behind and trying to get this Falcon done so it might be 2-3 weeks before I can get her in. I could go else where but I really want to use this shop- he specializes in older, classic cars, and this guy seems to have genuine affection for my car and says it would be a "fun job". I guess he bought a 260Z new back in the day....

...I could yet become part of the "Yellow Z-Car Club" :)

Hey Mike,

Don't want to make it tougher, but what about this one from a another thread. See the thread for details....

Bill

Car pic:

http://classiczcars.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15965&d=1168818294

Thread:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24557&highlight=350z

Nice! thats actually pretty close to the color of my ol' '81 280ZX. Another option....

WHITE.....It's beautiful and easiest to keep looking clean. Like they say.....Once you go white, you know its right! And, it doesn't matter what color your interior is! If the day ever comes, mine is going back to white.

Tom