Your age when you got your first Z car  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your age when you got your first Z car

• 16 or below
    • 17-21
    • 22-30
    • 30-40
    • above 40

I bought my first Z brand new at Pomona Valley Datsun in 1970 at age 20. #00488. I'm sure I've told the story here before. Have been unable to locate it on any of the Z registers. I traded it in for a 1972, at age 22, don't remember the VIN, and drove that for about three years before selling it. It would be another 25 years (1997), age 46, when I bought my third, the 78 that I still own. I've owned many cars, Datsuns and others during that span. I think the 810 is the 48th or 49th car or truck that I've owned not counting wives cars.

I was 18 in 1976 - got an orange (red) 71. It was the nicest car that I have ever owned, I didn't buy it to get laid - I just loved that car.

Sold it for no good reason - kicking my own arse ever since.

Bought the 280 - like that alot too, but it's not quite the same.

Soon as I get the means to do it I'm getting another 71.

Bought my first Z (and new car) in 1974 off the lot at Bob Sharps in CT for $7,280. (in cash from 4 months of overtime). Bob had a deal where they would mod the car (springs, carbs, shocks, rollbar, etc.) and you were set to go at Limerock. It was stolen in '76 and by then I was getting married and had to wait until 1999 to get my next one.