IGNORED

240Z Header Recommendation

jmark

Jmark,

I would ask them (msa) if they addressed the fitment issue with the on pipe hitting the intake as I stated in my earlier post-first page:)

The flange is much better!!! I supposedly got the first one of the lastest version if that makes sense. It is 100% better then the one I sent back to them.

What did Sal say to you about the 2nd header fitting issue?

Just my opinion, take it for what its worth...

No header ever made is a bolt on part. They all require some level of port matching and fitting to get all the benefits headers are supposed to provide. Even the Stahl header requires some port matching to the gasket and head and its the best that's available short of something custom. Every header I've ever installed on an L6 (Stahl, Nissan Comp, MSA 6/2 6/1) has required work with a carbide bit and I never buy them chromed or coated because of this. After I get the part fitted I send it out for a proper finish.

I believe Sal side stepped the issue gracefully saying that he was going to get with his vendor on this issue. He creditied me a small amount for my aggravation.

But let me say again there was no comparison between the two headers. I would have NOT accepted the first header because it didn't even line up with the ports well. I gasket matched to check alignment and the forward tubes were off an 1/8". The newer header port lined very well and the flange is far superior.Even the welds were better and the port areas of the pipes were smoother without voids. I will live with grinding off some aluminum from my intake in an area that will not effect the intake .

Un fortunetly that is the best MSA can do right now I guess, but like it has been said it is hard to be 100% satisfied especially at that price.