IGNORED

Datsun Dealership Signs!

WingZr0

You lucky guy :) ! ! Saw it too and even called about it. In the middle of switching Paypal accounts or else I would've bid too, sooo if you ever sell it let me know first ;)LOL . Seriously though thats an awesome find. The seller said it come from a storage unit that belong to an old man who used to buy and sell stuff at flea markets. He said the old man past away and thats when it came out of storage. What do the little insert signs, letters say? When you get it hung and lit up post some pics for us :).

Edited by WingZr0

Not really a 'sign', but a bit of Nissan history. I got this banner a few months ago from someone that worked for Nissan Motorsports. It's an original hand-painted vinyl banner that was to have been hung in Nissan's HQ building in Gardena CA. The lettering was hand done w/the pencil marks used to create the lettering still visible.

In 1988 the Nissan GTP team won 9 out of 12 races it entered (including 8 in a row) and didn't even enter the Daytona 24-hour & Sebring 12-hour races. In anticipation of winning that IMSA Championship, Nissan had this banner produced. But, while Geoff Brabham won the Drivers' Championship by 46 points (his 1st of 4 consecutive Drivers' Championships), Nissan lost the Manufacturers' Championship to Porsche by a single point (196 vs. 197). Nissan then went on to win the Championship in both 1989 and 1990.

-Mike

-Mike

post-9102-14150809818945_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Here is an old Datsun dealership used car sign that was on ebay recently. It was only posted for a couple of days and then the auction ended early, so I think someone worked out a deal to buy it directly from the seller. I believe the auction was only for one side, but it looks like he had the other side too.

-Mike

post-9102-14150811810441_thumb.jpg

post-9102-1415081181069_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
What do the little insert signs, letters say? When you get it hung and lit up post some pics for us :).

Sorry, I didn't see your question before WingZr0. The little blue insert signs have various service related words that can be combined to advertise certain service promotions. I am attaching a picture I found on the internet of the exact same sign/clock that is at the Datsun Heritage Museum. It is the only other one I have seen.

I am also attaching some more dealer sign pictures. The Datsun Leasing sign appears to be the same form as mine, but without the clock and sign inserts. It was sold on ebay with a BIN after someone contacted the seller and got him to end the auction early :mad:. Too bad for the seller. I was going to bid more than he got for it. The other signs are ones I found on the internet. I think they are from Australia. The last picture is another dealer flag I just got.

-Mike

post-9102-14150813166477_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150813166811_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150813166929_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150813167043_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150813167546_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150813167968_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150813168388_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Not a sing but came from DATSUN NISSAN in California. Maybe 1982 or 1983

It's a water color painting. Some event called nissan prolympics.

Looks like a race/picnic. Poster size.

midohio021.jpg Also my name is bill and i am a z c . c Castaway.

So you may see me more at this great Z site.

BGM

Edited by black gold man