IGNORED

TERRIBLE NEWS! ... Nis-san Dream Car Ga-rage Crushed?

Mat Big Hat

CoastGuardZ, here is some more info on the 1967 Patrol and the current vehicles on display. Enjoy!

Nashville TN, December 22, 2006--- Lane Motor Museum is proud to exhibit a collection of cars

on loan from Nissan North America Heritage Collection and a special grouping of Historic Nissan

Heritage Cars will be on display from January 4, 2007 through June 25, 2007. The cars will

document Nissan’s rebirth after World War II and the company’s entry into the American market.

Featured will be rare examples of a: 1937 Konut roadster, 1958 1000 sedan, 1960 1200 sedan,

1961 Fairlady, 1967 Patrol, 1960 1200 pickup, 1970 1600 roadster, and 1971 1200 coupe.

Regular admission rates apply to see these vehicles.

The 1967 Patrol is Nissan’s first utility vehicle and is the predecessor of a long line of Nissan

Sports Utility vehicles that followed.

Zulaytr

I can believe that the 'garage' is gone, as it was just a set created for the commercial. My firm had the same company build some aircraft mock-ups for us, and I got a CD of the 'Dream Garage' being constucted for the commercial. Luckily, there are shots from the ad on the CD so I have pics of all those Nissans.

I can believe that the 'garage' is gone, as it was just a set created for the commercial. My firm had the same company build some aircraft mock-ups for us, and I got a CD of the 'Dream Garage' being constucted for the commercial. Luckily,there are shots from the a d on the CD so I have pics of all those Nissans.

Oh sure rub it in!

Will

The Nissan dream garage was a set at Sony 99% of what you see was CGI (not the cars but the background) all added after the initial photography. Les Cannaday supplied several of the cars in the dream garage commercial and photo, and was on hand for the filming. He can give you specific details.

The cars in Gardena (which I got to see on several occasions), were sold or are on hand at the lane museum, almost of them that were marked for sale went to employees who had the first shot at them, a small few went to private parties.

Zulater works for Nissan, is a huge advocate of the early Datsuns and has relocated back to Tennesee with Nissan corporate. His explanation is correct.

Now sadly Nissan sold several cars that they should have kept, and kept several they should have sold...but they did not know or pay attention to what they were doing...and they did not consult with the people who knew the cars.

Sadly a large amount of historical "items" of significance have just vanished too...Some of which I have seen on ebay. Some of which will probably never be recovered.

I will get off my soap box now.