IGNORED

TERRIBLE NEWS! ... Nis-san Dream Car Ga-rage Crushed?

Mat Big Hat

Actually, I'm crushed that I didn't get one of the cars!

Me, too, and it wasn't for a lack of trying....

I'd give my right leg for one of the restored or low-mileage 240Z's that were in the collection. No, wait....I need my right leg for the throttle!

Maybe my left leg? No....need that one for the clutch.

Left pinky finger, then!

i know most of you are either in shock or doubting thomases, but the fact remains that my source confirms at least 80% of the cars in the nis-san heritage ware-house have been crushed

my source has a working relationship with nis-san and prefers to remain anonymous. if that prevents you from believing what has transpired, so be it

nis-san initially didn't want to take any cars, but changed it's mind apparently and brought 1/2 dozen or so with it to ten-nessee

the remaining "important" cars were donated to museums or sold to private parties

makes no difference to me whether you believe it or not, but just because another members says it isn't so, doesn't make it not true

the ware-house was not open to the public, so photos and documentation of the collection were precious few, but again, i challenge a respected member of this forum to inventory those cars and prove where they are presently located

i'd like to know which actually survived besides the few we already know about

oh, and should've initially clarified that the not all the cars featured in the "dream car ga-rage" ad campaign belonged to nis-san, for instance mr. k's yellow 240z

i know most of you are either in shock or doubting thomases, but the fact remains that my source confirms at least 80% of the cars in the nis-san heritage ware-house have been crushed

I am neither in shock nor a doubting thomas. I simply challenged you to prove your contention, and your response is that your friend 'told you' that it was true. As far as I'm concerned, that tells me all that I need to know.

Hey, the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum just crushed the Wright Flyer and the Apollo moon capsules. They didn't have room for them.

Huh? No, it's true....my friend told me. :rolleyes:

I am neither in shock nor a doubting thomas. I simply challenged you to prove your contention, and your response is that your friend 'told you' that it was true. As far as I'm concerned, that tells me all that I need to know.

Hey, the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum just crushed the Wright Flyer and the Apollo moon capsules. They didn't have room for them.

Huh? No, it's true....my friend told me. :rolleyes:

SOUUUUUNDS LIKKKKKKKKE A FIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT ! ! ! ! ROFL:rolleyes: :cheeky: :tapemouth

Now, kids, don't make me pull over.

I'll do it, and I'll leave you on the side of the highway (the information superhighway, that is) so quit poking your brother in the eye!

It would be foolheardy of Nissan to have the cars crushed, and I hope they didn't do such a stupid thing.

If they did do such a stupid thing, then I, for one, would be really upset and heartbroken.

The problem with using "unnamed sources" or "sources who wish to remain anonymous" is obvious-who to believe, who to trust?

When Woodward and Bernstein dove into the Watergate scandle, they were given information by "Deep Throat" (Mark Felt), but their editors refused to allow them to use any of DT's information, unless it could be verified by no less than three quotable sources.

There has got to be some verifiable sources of information out there, either for the crushing story, or against it.

Find that information, then come back to the thread and make your case.

As the owner of one of the Z's that was in the Nissan warehouse, I can confirm that it was not crushed (the '72 in my sig, not the '73 in my Avatar). I also have a photo that was sent along with the paperwork of the inside of the warehouse showing the car parked amongst the other cars there. I have also personally seen (and touched) 2 other Z's that were in the warehouse, and the person that owns these 2 also saw the 4th Z to come out of the warehouse, so at least 4 of them were sold and not crushed.

These were found by searching for Lane Automotive Museum. There are other posts there as well, but I thought these to be more apropos to the thread. All information here was previously posted by Zulaytr, all I did was Copy and paste.

November - Nissan Heritage Collection Race Car Exhibit

Now through December 31, 2006. Seven Nissan of North America Heritage Collection race cars are on display and include a replica 1985 Nissan 300ZX Turbo -# 33 Paul Newman/Sharp Trans Am; a replica 1990 Nissan 300ZX Turbo - #75 Steve Millen & Johnny O'Connell GTS race car; and a 1970 Datsun 510 - #46 driven by John Morton, which was the 1971-1972 2.5 Liter Trans Am Champion.

Nissan Racing Heritage Vehicles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few months ago many Z enthusiasts were concerned about the destiny of the Nissan Heritage Vehicles due to the relocation of Nissan's offices to Tennessee. Well for those who have never had a chance to view them now they can! Here is a press release about an event at the Lane Museum in Nashville. Now the public can see them and appreciate them for their contribution to automotive history rather than them just sitting in a warehouse collecting dust. Watch for more news regarding a new display that will open at the museum in the near future.

Zulaytr

For Immediate Release

Vehicle photos available upon request

For More Information, Contact:

Joan Williams, Office: (615) 742-7445

williams@lanemotormuseum.org

Race Car Day at Lane Motor Museum

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Activities begin at 11:00 a.m.

Nashville TN, August 25, 2006. Calling all race fans! Lane Motor Museum will hold a very special

Race Car Day event on Saturday, September 23, 2006. Activities will begin at 11:00 a.m. and will

continue until approximately 4:00 p.m. Regular admission rates apply.

Race Car Day will feature:

• Five Lane Motor Museum race cars with demonstrations

• Vintage vehicle rides (adults only)

• Visitors will also learn about Susan Lane’s completion of the Rallye des Princesses in a

beautiful 1956 Ford Thunderbird. This unique rally consisted of female drivers & navigators

completing a 1,500 km route from Paris to Monaco. Susan Lane was navigator of the only

U.S. team to make the trip.

• View a special collection of Nissan Heritage Collection race cars including a replica 1985

Nissan 300ZX Turbo – Paul Newman/Sharp Trans Am #33, a replica 1990 Nissan 300ZX

GTS Turbo #75 Steve Millen & Johnny O’ Connell vehicle, a 1970 BRE Datsun 510 # 46

driven by John Morton, which was the 1971-72 2.5 Liter Trans Am Champion and a

SCORE Baja 1000 Pro Lite Desert Race Truck #8 that is still actively campaigned today. All

Nissan vehicles are on loan from the Nissan North America, Inc. Heritage Collection.

Come watch us demonstrate race cars, have an opportunity to sit in an Indy Racing League race

car, and take a ride in a unique vintage vehicle. Tons of racing fun all in one day! Race Car Day

presented by Lane Motor Museum - a unique motoring experience for all race fans! A complete

schedule is included below.

Hooray for Copy & Paste!

Zbane, no problem in grabbing the thread. I had posted that knowing that there was a huge misconception regarding the fate of the Heritage Collection. The following pictures give credance that the cars do still exist. One picture is of a SMZ Twin Turbo that was sold. If you look close you will see the #46 510 in the background along with several other cars. The 240's in question are parked over on the back right hand corner of the building. I have also included another shot of the Nissan Heritage Race cars, including the #46 on display at the Lane Motor Museum just a couple of months ago. The others are display plaques for some of the other cars that are on loan at the Lane.

Zulaytr

post-2127-14150799549156_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150799549862_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150799550463_thumb.jpg

post-2127-1415079955097_thumb.jpg