IGNORED

Painting - Stripes or No Stripes

biker

Toecutter, I truly wish that the car was mine. It is an absolute beauty though. It is one of the few Zs with stripes that I like. I personally have considered doing the early Corvette Stingray cowl stripe with an offset pin stripe

veritech, I like your paint scheme. It's different, but in a good way.
Thanks! If you search around at hybridz, you'll probably come across the camo themed BRE paint job I designed for a member there by the name of chewievette. A lot of people liked that one too.

rattlecan army unite!

Wow that silver 240z with the BRE stripes is nice.

Do you have any pictures from back futher to get a view of the car as a whole???

I'd like to see if how the dark grey is finnished up on top of the bonnet and how the car looks from side on. I love the BRE stripes and plan to do them on my car but I don't particularly like the entire top of the car being two tone. I've been thinking of fadeing the top stripes into the same colour and the body as they curve over the top of the gaurd but I don't know how hard that is, or whether it would look any good.

I saw a picture of a datsun 2000 sports roadster with the BRE stripes continue as two thick stripes over the bonnet and down the other side. Wasn't a good enough photo to make up my mind whether I liked it or not.

There are some good ideas to be had.

I like the silver Zed with the maroon stripes which really sets it off but i am not sure if I am game enough to take that on.

Worth a second though from the Camaro stripes though.

Will load the pics of how it is going. Whilst i am not out to impress anyone, I still like the "hey that looks like a smart Zed". It might be my car but who wants to drive around in something that looks shoddy and stands out as "a junky Datsun".

Thanks for the help guys

biker

biker,

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the Harrah's automobile museum right?

I love that place.

Thats the one - I knew it sounded like a chocolate bar.

I went ahead with the stripes on the paint job - am I happy - umm not sure. They look okay but not the exactly the way I would have liked them which is much the same as the blue Z in earlier posts. Yet to finish the whole job which is about two weeks away.

Then maybe its just that I am not happy unless I have something to whinge about.:(

Will post pics and let you be the judge

Regards

Biker

• 1 month later...

That green looks sensational biker! Good choice.

Personally I am not a fan of the "GT40" stripes on a Z. It's a really personal thing I think.

I hope it's just my eye, or the picture, but the stripes on the bonnet don't look straight? :tapemouth