IGNORED

2007 Z National Convention (ZCON) Info

westpak

6 weeks-aw sh!t, there is no way I am going to Daytona in a Vovlo! I can go six weeks without sleep-sure I can...Vivarin, cafene, -anybody got a time machine I can borrow?

Will

I'm with ya brother, i feel your pain. Or.........could that be the hand that I hit with a hammer while wotking on the trailer today.

Broken hand, or not. Cars finished, or not. I'll see ya in Daytona

• 2 weeks later...

Just updated the plan for the car show and thought you all might be interested. The guys organizing the show sent me the latest registration stuff and their comments about the layout. This drawing is getting close to what they have in mind.

The show is in the garage and fan park area of the speedway. North is up and the pit / start finish line of the track is at the top of the page; thus "Daytona" is upside down in the drawing. The fan park is this grassy park area inside the garages with a restaurant, stages, and display shelters. There are supposed to be cars scattered throughout this area and then a bunch of cars in the garages. All those black dots are cars.

At the moment, the stock 240Z class is the most competitive with 8 entries. The stock and street modified classes have 22 entries each. The Nissan Modified and Street Modified classes are pretty full as well with almost as many entries in the Ultra Modified classes. Suprisingly, no Daily Driver 350Zs are entered!? But that is just for the judged competition. There are a bunch of entries that won't be judged and will be part of the People's Choice vote.

Should be fun. Pray for good weather.

post-4148-14150801174302_thumb.jpg

Chris,

Thanks for the update and the map. Can you clear up a question I have regarding the actual location for the judged show? Are the judged cars going to be on display inside the garages or outside. "The show is in the garage and fan park area of the speedway." Just curious ! The map makes it look like they will be inside.

Thanks again

Bob

Gus,

I believe that Chris meant to point out there are no "stock" 350Zs in the show. Daily driver requires you to have at least 75k on the odometer. I have a funny feeling that your 350 isn't stock ;) Of couse, with no other cars in the class, even with all the deductions for not being stock, you would still win!

Jim