IGNORED

2007 Z Car Convention in Daytona

kjones

Ken - The GrassrootsMotorsports $2007 Challenge is scheduled for October 4 to October 6 in Gainesville...should we advise the editors of Grassroots Motorsports/ Classic Motorsports magazines of the ZCCA Convention dates? Would be a great opportunity to get some coverage of the event...

Just a thought

GWGarrard

President, Thousand Island Zed Car Club

www.tizcc.ca

Just to give you all a quick update...

Thanks for all the enthusiasm! This is certainly shaping up to potentially be a unbelievably huge event!

We received over 40 registrations in the first day! Can today be just as enthusiastic? Hope so! I received several calls from all over the country (and one from Canada!) regarding the event and expect several more registrations today!

SOOOO... We have 5 spots already filled for the FZA Challenge. This is limited to 80 participants so signup early! There has been a TON of inquiries about it! (over 100!)...

The car show has 20 spots already taken! It is limited to 100 cars (I have to double check that) so I recommend reserving your spot asap!

The lapping event at Daytona is also filling up fast, we have 12 spots already taken and it is limited to 80 cars so again, please sign up early.

As far as the optional Sebring lapping day, I should be posting the details within a few days.

Any other questions please feel free to post here or email me at ken280z@hotmail.com

Z Convention!!! http://flza.com

Ken

My understanding is that Mr. K is not planning on attending any more functions in the USA. Even though he has made significant efforts to make it to the National Convention in the past.

This is what Jonnie Gable (Mr. K's secretary) told me last year. Has this changed?

My understanding is that Mr. K is not planning on attending any more functions in the USA. Even though he has made significant efforts to make it to the National Convention in the past.

This is what Jonnie Gable (Mr. K's secretary) told me last year. Has this changed?

It's just a rumor that I heard, or read somewhere.

Curious if it was true. I have never met the man, but would sure like to.

Hi Ken, why is there only 100 spots for the car show? Is it due to space constraints. Or is it 100 spots for the ZCCA judging and then there will be a seperate section for people's choice. With Florida having a large number of Z's, I would think that 100 spots will fill quickly. And that doesn't include the close proximity of the Georgia and North Carolina Clubs that should show up in good numbers. Just courious.

I will give you a call to talk about the convention later this week.

Art

PS: Mr. K has passed the torch of Z Ambassador to his good friend and past co-worker Masataka Usami. If I'm not mistaken, he lives here in the US.

I was just speaking with John Coffey about coming to the convention... He's coming... I didn't ask him about transporting his car, but I think it would be worth contacting him...

That's funny! From "October? I don't plan anything that far ahead" to "He's coming..." is quite a jump. I'll give it a definate maybe because I would love to run a car at Daytona and Sebring.

And I would like to ride along with you John. Although it might be to hard to top Willow Springs.

There's no way I can top the ride Erik Messley gave you in my old 240Z. He's seconds per lap faster around a race track them I am. Remember, you were lapping WSIR in the 1:27s and beating that GrandAm 350Z. With me driving you'll be just barely beating the GrandMa 350Zs. :laugh: