IGNORED

Junkyard & "Out to Pasture" Zs

lonetreesteve

I thought it would interesting to start a thread of pictures showing S30 Zs in junkyards or have been sent "out to pasture" that include the location (including city, state and name of junkyard if possible), date picture(s) taken and any other interesting information about each car. Here are a few pics of a '72 240Z taken in 2004 at Speedway Auto Wrecking in Erie, CO:

post-6600-14150799044964_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150799045207_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150799045436_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150799045692_thumb.jpg

post-6600-1415079904591_thumb.jpg

And you left it there WHY????

Just can't stand to see that kind of thing, I hope this thread don't go to far. No offence but we love Z cars. WE don't wanna see 'em that way unless you're gonna save her from utter doom. She looks like she's got plenty of good parts left.

JM2CW

Dave.

I was sad to see a 95% complete and definitely restorable 73 get sent to the crusher. It appeared to have a new gas tank, but had a big hole in it from the junyard guy's crowbar. Looked fixable to me. There's wasn't a dent on the entire body except for the one mangled front fender, and very little rust. Anyone looking for a 73 shell would have loved to find this one. I believe they also crushed a 98% complete 260Z with an L28 in it. What a waste. And the stupid Pick&Pull doesn't allow cameras. WTF!!!!

It is a shame that they do crush these cars. There are alot more junk cars than the Z to crush. But you have to think that metal is in a shortage in china and all of the metal has gone up in price.Now the newer cars are made of alot more plastic than the old car. Which one do you think they are going to take and smash up first.But again it is a shame to have to smash up a good car..

If this is the same yard I was at about two months ago that Z is gone. But there is a 77 280 in not bad shape in it's place.

Sidewinder has a 77, 79, 82, and one I'm not sure of the year.

Eric

Eric,

You're right, unfortunately, the white '72 isn't at Speedway anymore, I found out a few weeks after I took these pictures that it was crushed. The same goes for the brown 280Z pictured below right, but the good news is that the blue '77 280Z (below left) is still there!

post-6600-14150799047012_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150799047507_thumb.jpg

Eric,

You're right, unfortunately, the white '72 isn't at Speedway anymore, I found out a few weeks after I took these pictures that it was crushed. The same goes for the brown 280Z pictured below right, but the good news is that the blue '77 280Z (below left) is still there!

Dang, that blue one looks better than mine. Anyways, i've only found 2 S30s in KS yards that i've been to. One is a baby blue (same color as mine 305) 1975 that was pretty smashed up on the drivers side. I'm pretty sure that car is gone now, but it supplied me with a hood emblum and fuse box cover. The other is a brown 77 or 78 that I just found last week. It is in pretty sour shape and was last tagged in 1990. This one is probably gonna supply me with a new heater valave and plastic panel under the dash on the passenger side.

And you left it there WHY????

Just can't stand to see that kind of thing, I hope this thread don't go to far. No offence but we love Z cars. WE don't wanna see 'em that way unless you're gonna save her from utter doom. She looks like she's got plenty of good parts left.

JM2CW

Dave.

Dave,

I spoke to the manager at the junkyard and he was going to sell it to me for $500.00 and I let him know that I had to make arrangements for storage and transportation and it would take me a couple weeks. This junkyard is about an hour north on I-25 from where I live). Since I already had two Zs and was having trouble finding a place to put it, I called and told him that I wouldn't be able to buy the entire car, but I was still interested in some parts and would be back within the next few weeks and he said that was fine. When I returned a few weeks later to buy some parts, he told me the car had been crushed. It was a crying shame because if you look at the pics, there were a lot of good parts left on the car. I was going to buy the black interior door panels, black plastic interior panels, rear hatch strut (still worked) and a few other parts.

I didn't start this thread with the morbid intention of asking members to post pics of Zs rotting in the junkyards for laughs (well, I guess Fun In My Z's post would be an exception :) ), but my intent was more of bringing the cars to everyone's attention so that other members who may live nearby could buy the cars or parts from the cars or check them out for another member, etc so that these cars could be saved or parts could be salvaged before they are crushed and gone forever. Or for the stories that we all can learn valuable lessons from like the '72 240 that I started the thread with.