IGNORED

Junkyard & "Out to Pasture" Zs

lonetreesteve

Same here in Cincinnati. I called a bunch of yards around here, same answer, havent seen one of those in many years.

I did see one listed in Craigslist and went to see it last week. They guy wanted $1500 for it, said he was practically giving it away. It was an overstatement to say the least :)

Rust, bondo, missing parts, flat tires, bad interior etc, etc. I passed.

Then he told me he had a mint "78 Black Pearl he paid $3000 for and said he would sell it to me for $15,000. I almost wanted to go see it at his fathers house just for the helluva it, his "mint" is probably alot different then mine :)

Wow!!! Lonetreesteve.... I wish I had my camera with that car. I would love to do some high quality images. Perfect background!!!

Zero Z,

I wish I could say that I took the picture, but I didn't take it. I found the pic on this French Z-Car website: http://240z.free.fr/index.php?/category/20.

You can tell the car is an HLS30 by the front bumper guards and probabaly was taken in the Rocky Mountain West somewhere. Judging from the landscape, it looks like it could have been taken somewhere near here in Colorado or maybe Wyoming or Montana.

This one deffinately fits the 'A picture can tell a thousand words' saying.

post-6600-14150804141241_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the yard nearby to pull a couple fuel pumps (and other bits-throttle body, afm, rubber boots...) and came across this interesting aftermarket addition to the engine.

Didn't really feel like getting underneath the cars after that...

Maybe after it cools down considerably and I am more sure that this one and all the little ones that were writhing about are gone...

I couldn't see the head, no idea what type of snake it is, and saw upon my exit a nice six foot molten snakeskin in the brush.

Moral of the story and quality of content for this thread:

You may get more than you bargained for when you start digging into a parts car.

post-11908-14150804403868_thumb.jpg

You may get more than you bargained for when you start digging into a parts car.

Yeah, wow. Bet that put a little bounce in your step, eh?

Looks like a corn snake to me (non-poisonous) but I can't see its' head to make sure. Probably a good strategy to let it be, regardless......

I'll have to start taking a camera with me now. When I lived in Phoenix there were dozens of yard I pulled parts from, and plenty of interesting finds. I came across a '71 and '73, early and later 280's, and plenty of 300Zx's, even a Honda 600. Here in Southern Utah it is a different story. "Datsun? Oh yeah, Z car... Every time we get one of those in we think we're gonna make some money parting it out. Never have, no interest, they all get crushed." Kinda sad really.

Does anyone have that pic from earlier this year of the 240z someone found in Eastern Canada (Newfoundland I think?). I remember it was talked about here... the hatch was rotted through, rear was all rotted..it was in really bad shape. I'll keep looking.