IGNORED

FS: 1973 Nissan Skyline GT-R Replica (Datsun 240K)

Alfadog

Don't sell it...If you sell it, you'll regret it forever.Trust me on this.

I did this before. I had a KGC10 in the US that I sold 21 years ago and I still kick myself in the arse for getting rid of it!!!! Man I was stupid.There are a lot of friends here that I am sure would help you out to keep it. I'm with Arne tho also. It is tempting (If I had the money)to buy it and ship it here to the US. DON'T SELL IT!!!!!

Lachlan - please to hear about the new job in Melbourne :) I moved to Melbourne for 2 years and now back in Auckland - I kept my zed during that time at home in Auckland (well in the brothers panel shop - were still sits today). My advice is this (having sold HS30-00016 in the past for extra $$ for a deposit on my first house....still kicking myself from time to time about that one - if I still owned it I still would not have the $$ to restore it but I would still have it) if you can affort to keep it then do so and only part with it when you can get a real KPGC110

Even if you do have enough $$ to purchase a real KPGC110 then you will still need a replica for track days :) Put the car in storage for the mean time - get settled in Melbourne then make the call then.

I'm jumping on the "Dont sell it" bandwagon.

Do you need to sell it?

Maybe you could store it at your parents house? If you cancel the rego, it will cost you nothing.

Maybe you could take it to Melbounre with you?

What if the job doesn't work out, and you end up back in Queensland?

Keep the car for now, go work in Melbourne, and decide in 6 months from now. You might feel differently then.

If you need the money for the move, then get a loan.

You can always earn more money, but where can you find another K like yours to replace it, if you decide you want it back?

yeah don't do it..

I had a pristine 1997 R33 GT-R, ended up selling it to a friend as i hardly ever drove it and wanted something different... i will always kick my self, the car is no where near as good a condition as when i sold it, and i miss it hugely (i am hoping the 240k can fill the hole when she is done, one of the reasons i am going all out).

bottom line is, youve put all the hard work in, and these things (Skylines) tend to run in your blood :) once you lose it, you will want it back, and you WILL be dissapointed if you ever look for another to replace her (let alone ever trying to find all those goodies).

if you DO decide to sell her, i am sure some of us might be interested in any good spares you have :)

Lachlan,

Don't do it - it's probably not what you want to hear... but don't.

Go through the garage and sell all the unused spares on eBay and make some $$ that way, take on a second evening job if you have to but don't sell the car.

-e

Aussie ... Aussie ... Aussie ... NO! ... NO! ... NO!

Well, if you really must then you must. But do think long and hard about it. Might be better to shove it in storage for 6 months and re visit the decision after you've settled in.

Like everyone else said

Damn Lachlan...

I never thought it would come to this, i think your car has inspired every one of the c110 owners on this forum. I just couldnt bear to think what will happen to it if sold. Employment is fine and dandy, but at the end of the day, your job will never love you as much as the c110 has...

Sell it if you must.

Aw shucks, you guys.....

Thank you for all the kind words of support. Yes, it hurts. My priorities have changed though, such is life. Not sure what I will do without a car if it sells - I'll have a lot of spare time! I don't think I'll go far from this forum though, this place and you guys are my second home. :)

Thanks again fellas