IGNORED

240K coupe on ebay

Mr Camouflage

Alfadog knows this car. He went for a lap or two of Mt Panorama (Bathurst). The performance of this car makes mine look sad.

With a genuine 285 bhp to the road. Built by the owner. The original running gear comes with it. Scroll down the page in the first link to find the car in question. Second last on page.

Photos in the second link.

PowerPlay imports (Gladesville, Sydney Australia)

..and the photos

i would love a C10 and that one is certainly nice!, i couldn't really afford to have 2 classic cars though :)

mind you the performance bug has bitten me once more (i know.. i havn't finished the 240k yet!), and i am currently selling my saab convertible and buying a 2.7L twin turbo S4 :D there will be a few special RS4 bits going into that car! (but anyway.. that is OT, i am juste xcited.. pick it op on friday night)

Jim

that C10 looks the goods. I always thought these things had a live leaf spring rear end though?

285hp at the wheels from a N/A L28? I find that a little far fetched. Maybe at the flywheel for a very well built L series, but at the wheels? Must be an amazing engine to get those figures. What RPM was that achieved at?

Jim

that C10 looks the goods. I always thought these things had a live leaf spring rear end though?

285hp at the wheels from a N/A L28? I find that a little far fetched. Maybe at the flywheel for a very well built L series, but at the wheels? Must be an amazing engine to get those figures. What RPM was that achieved at?

Hi Pete,

I think as far as Skylines go the last live axle leaf spring rear was the S54 series (1964-1967)

I don't blame you for questioning that figure, but that's the number I believe was quoted after a chassis dyno session. Easy checked though. The owner/builder is one VERY capable engineer/ technician and knowing his work and what went into this motor..well the numbers didn't surprise me. I agree with your observation though about flywheel figure for a well built L series, I'm sure he said at the wheels though....I'll check and get back to ya! Or even better, get him to chime in here sometime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok! (hi guys) I did get it wrong Pete, the actual figure was 238 BHP (170 something kW) to the rollers. AH sorry! I forget to ask at what RPM. If you are interested further I can pass on the builders contact details. Still not too shabby though...and Nathan says he has a bigger camshft for it! To give you an idea of its performance, where I would be changing gears in my car, this one is just getting into it..pushing you back in the seat...that sort of thing.

If it hasn't sold by Easter there is a good chance it will be at Phillip Island for the Nationals.

Still, that's pretty impressive numbers at the wheels!!

I've been following the build up of Dave Gaines' 240K rally engine (3.1 stroker I believe) built by John Siddins. Talking to nikki after their first event, they went through 3 sets of back tyres in the KCF short course rally. Apparently, the extra power was scary at times :eek: haven't seen any numbers or dyno sheets yet, but apparently they had the limiter at 6000 in the event, and used the ample torque available.

Sounds good, too

I like to hear more about the buildup pete!

I don't have too many specific details about the build up, only what I've picked up through conversations with Dave & Nikki, and a brief chat with John (the engine builder).

Probably not my place to say too much about their build anyway, as they may want to keep some details to themselves (you never know). If you want to talk to dave directly, he hangs around at the NDSCC site, and goes by the name of Dave Mudguts

What I do know is that in 12 years of rallying this car, they've had some awesome results with a measly 130hp at the wheels (ie beaten many top level AWD's). I'm keen to see what kinds of results they can achieve with some decent power, too.