IGNORED

Mikuni 50mm carbs for 240z

brushie1320022

The opening on a 44mm Mikuni is 48mm I seem to recall. The opening on the manifold side is 44mm. If someone were to measure the air horn side it would be pretty easy to mistake 44s for 50s

According to a recent post on Hybrid Z, you should be able to look at the butterflies and tell what it is. 40's will have 165 stamped on them, 44's will say 175. No idea what 50's would say...

Mikuni 50's only come in the "old style" dual screw jet cover configuration and the bodies of these carbs are made of magnesium. They look completely different...and are not what is pictured above. I have a set of tripple 50's and will look for stampings on them if you wish, but a cursory glance will tell you if you have 50's. In this case these are not 50's.

The carbs in the photo by Brushie are 40's or 44's (since they both look the same).

To be sure measure the back or bottom of the bore diameter (in millimeters) that will give you the correct size of these carbs.

Certainly over priced too, just so you are aware these can be had from a very reputable race shop fully rebuilt, polished and looking like brand new for under $2k including shipping. I got my set about 1.5 years ago from him and know....and they are beautiful!! :)

why buy rebuilt when you can have new.LOL....just trying to sell the for less than what my buddy paid..no loss to me..they allready have a bid on e-bay for 2900..But thanks for your comment.

New may not necessarily be better. I know that these have been out of production for a while and as such if it's really new and has never been rebuild nor used it's likely that it may need a rebuild kit any how. If it has been used it may certainly need rebuilt due to gas residue et al. On the other hand it may be perfectly fine.

The company I was talking about is http://www.wolfcreekracing.com for anyone who is interested. Todd, the owner, is a great guy and very easy to work with!!