IGNORED

Dash for tires on ebay....

dspillman

Hi Guys,

Not crazy about starting thread about ebay listing, but this is a "rare" part.

New,really nice, virtually perfect dash, appears 72-73 dash.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250044900449&rd=1,1

I hate to sell but,my new engine blowed my 06 racing budget out of the water...Trying to get 2 sets of hoosiers for the weekend at Road Atlanta.

David

racing 34 year old zcar

I am bidding on it (jlpurcell), I was goning to email you at this point and price and ask you if it is in perfect condition. It is hard to photo a dash, I've tired. In the photos it looks to have a couple of issues but could be just the photo. I have a new one in the box in my garage but it does have one small problem area (a low spot) no one else would ever see it but I am a perfectionist. If yours if perfect I was thinking of purchasing it for my 72 restoration and selling mine. Let me know. JLP

I've inspected pretty close at this dash, and can't see/feel any imperfections. I have had this dash for several year stored in box. I'll be glad to post any pictures you'd like to see. Do you have a picture of "bulge" in your present NOS dash? I would like to knowfor future reference.

david

I know most of us would jump at the chance to get a new original dash.

Turns out they are "cracked-up" to be what thay are. Literally.

The original covering is not UV friendly; another inherent problem just like bodies being prone to rust.

If I was going to replace the dash I would send it to the land down under before I'd fork out $1,000.

http://www.dashboardrestorations.com.au/general_info.htm

I know most of us would jump at the chance to get a new original dash.

Turns out they are "cracked-up" to be what thay are. Literally.

The original covering is not UV friendly; another inherent problem just like bodies being prone to rust.

If I was going to replace the dash I would send it to the land down under before I'd fork out $1,000.

http://www.dashboardrestorations.com.au/general_info.htm

Thanks for the info, I have sent an inquiry for restoration. Are there any such companies in the US? (shipping will be expensive)

Thaks Jerry

The problem with the recovered dashes is that they can't seem to get the correct grain pattern to match the original. I've seen two of them now and thought they were cheaper dash covers.

The full dash covers, properly installed look better in my opinion - because they don't stand out with the wrong grain pattern - and you have to look closely to realize they are the covers..

Just my opinion

Carl