Sign in to follow this  
73skyline

ken mary wagon?

talked to my buddy today with the 4 door hakosuka, he told me when he was living in okinawa his friend had a ken mary wagon,,i was curious if anyone has seen pics of the wagon,,,,ive seen hakosuka wagons but not ken marys...very interested on how it looks...

mikey

Bugly or Fugly - take your choice!

The only one I have seen was way back in '74 or '75 - short C110 chassis with four cylinder, live rear axle and the rear of the body looked like someone started to do a panel van (or panel truck) and then got confused.

Got a photo somewhere.

sweet thanks for the pics...they look funny stock but im sure they can look nice....like a 510 wagon it looks funny stock but put the right wheels, perfect ride height and motor swap or modified stock the car can look crazy....

mikey

Only 1.6 or 1.8 :( but an Sr20 would fit in there Mikey he he he

Very very rare now, but still not worth too much really. I think they're very cool.

post-1243-14150798732146_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150798732422_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150798732721_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150798732875_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150798733024_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150798733173_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150798733237_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

very..... interesting. but i'd be more concerned with the 4-cyl and the live rear axle (sounds an awful lot like the 510 wagon....)

every swb (short wheel base) skyline c110 was either a GL or DX and was equipped with the deluxe rear leaf suspension :cross-eye

gooossshhh! i want that over the mirror clock ...

Wag_blu_1.jpg

I saw a set of the advan's that are on this car come up for sale once on ebay...this is the only other picture I've EVER seen of that wheel.

every swb (short wheel base) skyline c110 was either a GL or DX and was equipped with the deluxe rear leaf suspension :cross-eye

wow. shows how much i know about c110s!

:doh:

Yikes … That is straight up butt ugly! Looks like a Gremlin had a go at a Matador, Or some other 70’s AMC creation. Maybe a micro coffin carrier? I don’t mean to offend anyone but …Yikes!

Ahh Mikey! You put my thoughts into pictures! It's not so far fetched either. A mate in South Australia is planning on giving the 6 cylinder GT treatment to an S50 series 1500cc Prince Skyway wagon. I'm suprised I haven't seen this done to later wagon and van variants of the Skyline. Doesn't mean it hasn't been though.Take the Prince Skyline GT. Started life as an S50 series 1500cc sedan. 1963-4 Mr Shinichiro Sakurai (The driving force behind the Skyline development) and his crew grabbed the 2 litre G7 ohc six out of the S40 series Prince "Gloria" family sized sedan, added about 8 inches to the front of the 1500cc sedan, stuck the bigger engine and drivetrain in and you got the 1964 Japanese equivalent of "the Muscle Car".

An interesting but largely neglected fact about the first S54 racing versions (see the popular blue number "39" and white "41") at the 1964 Japan GP is these were GTA's running the single carbied versions of the G7!! The triple webered cars or GTB's were yet to come!

Sorry! wandered off a bit there LOL ...So, how about it, anybody game for a C110 GT-R panelvan?? Maybe some photochop impressions?

i'll 2nd that emotion

the skyline wagons have an inherent defect of proportions (aka short wheel base)

the pinnacle of grotesque styling was acheived with the c110, but the c210 is a close runner up

it wasn't until the r31 that the wagon had any semblence of decency

the finest retro wagon's got to be the 230:

240c_wagon.jpg

resembles the detroit wagons of that era

That C10 wagon is what I'm onabout! Grab the front end sheetmetal and running gear from a GC10( or even a KGC10!) thats been rear ended and graft away! I just bet someone in Japan has done it?!

Thats a nice one Mat. I had a 2.5 litre (S44 series)sedan. Our "Milko" (milkman) had a beautiful white wagon when I was a kid, he replaced it with a Rambler wagon, IIRC it was a Matador?...BIG anyway.

Jim.

it wasn't until the r31 that the wagon had any semblence of decency

the finest retro wagon's got to be the 230: resembles the detroit wagons of that era

They must have had that idea in mind when the built these also.

post-3797-14150798786587_thumb.jpg