IGNORED

240Z in movies

carguyinok

ever watch LAPD on TV ?

it seems that every episode I watch, there's always a Z (usually a ZX, and usually on blocks, or in some other state of sad repair) in the neighborhoods where gang bangers and pot heads are always getting shot or arrested.

next time the show is on, just watch. I almost GUARANTEE you will see a Z of some sort.

I also saw an episode of Knight Rider recently where the opening sequence was a guy in an S30 (either 240 or 280, couldn't tell) getting run off a cliff.

Jim Carey in Bruce almighty drives a 280z or maybe a 260z. He wrecks it and then turns it into a Mclaren F1.

WTF... no he drives an 280Z and it turns into an SALEEN S7... big differences there....

Saleen S7's are $391,000 cars which hit 0-60 MPH in 3.3 seconds a tenth of a second faster than the $1,000,000 McLaren F1, and man they look soo different.

wtf? 0-60 in 3.3? that's it? you'd think it'd be faster. weak!!! why don't you take a look at the caterham 7 superlight, R500.

naturally aspirated, 1.8L, 230bhp, 0-60?

3.4 sec!!!

yeah, the saleen's faster, by a tenth. but damn, you can get more than like ten caterham 7's for the price of one saleen S7. the caterham 7 defies convention. its based on the lotus 7. and yeah, all motor. w0w0w0w, i want one. and a lotus elise. w0w0w. and a VQ35 240Z. w0w0w

• 4 months later...

In "Tommy Boy" a 280zx pulls out of the motel parking lot where they're staying, and in the movie "Cammando" thers a really nice 280z in the parking garage of the mall. Many others...I've seen the one in "Top Gun" and "Bring It On" as well. Oh in "Ocean's 11" (the new one) when George Clooney and Matt Daymon are sitting at the table in the bar in Chicago, an orange ar goes by through the window that looks like a z. Also in "Back To The Future" theres a red 280z parked in front of the gymnastics building while Michael J. Fox gets pulled on his skateboard behind a truck. I know there are more, i just haven't found them yet.