IGNORED

usa old school nissan skyline owners

77JAPAN

To this day I still wonder why people say "Sylvia"... I've never seen any Nissan documentation that has it spelt that way. Was it a US thing, or just a mistake? I'm not having a go at you Chris, just wondering! I guess it's the same reason why people call me 'Alphadog'!! I'd love an S10 (with the Japanese bumpers though :D).

People spell it Sylvia, because thats how the persons name is spelt - I should know, it's my mums name.

Have you seen how its translated by the translation sites, like google, bablefish etc. It's often translated to Sil-beer. Also Fairlady often gets translated as Fair-ready

Correct, in the US, the L20A 6 cylinder was never seen unless in those rare circumstances the car was brought in from a different world market.

The L20B 4 cylinder was very common in models sold in the US.

Chris A.

Same story downunder. No L20A's either. A bit too anemic when compared to the other 6's on the market. Most aussie 6's of the time were around 3 litres.

Same story downunder. No L20A's either. A bit too anemic when compared to the other 6's on the market. Most aussie 6's of the time were around 3 litres.

L20A was made for the home market to skirt taxes. Anything over 2.0 L goes into a different tax bracket, and the cost is significant. So, yes, it is a home market only engine - bigger engines for the export market cars was made to make them more attractive to buyers overseas.

Too right Miles - gave the Japanese a much better choice, as most often you could opt to have the larger engine if you wanted. BTW, be careful when talking about 'absolutes' and Nissan... You will find some L20's in Europe in Laurels and '200C' Cedrics :)

Craig, it's funny what the translators sometimes come up with isn't it. :D

everybody should have an aunt sylvia or an uncle ed :P

i just got notice from the JCCS that there will be a dedicated "SKYLINE" zone :love:

so it looks like we'll be able to feast our eyes on some hakosukas as well as an r32 or two (i know, godzillas don't really qualify as a classic nissan/datsun, but they're not too common here, so people like seeing them.)

Hey, I gots me one of those. Mine has 4 doors though. It's relegated the poor 240K to the back of the shed to continue collecting dust for a few more years though.

That's so naughty.

Don't hide it away for a few more years, do them both up and rotate the days you drive them on. Get a second job if you have to.