IGNORED

Driving Light Mounts ~ Safari style

Zedrally

What did you do you got motivated?

Grade win in the Experts Rally a month or so ago. We could have placed higher in the field but when it came to finding obscure roads [tracks] the light pattern was all forward and little to the left/right side, consequently we where overshoting nearly every track.

With a spread beam, I'm guessing the sides will be illuminated sufficiently.

Thanks for the info and "how to" on the Monte Carlo Bumpers, just on last question, how many watts are the Lucas [i won't even try any Lucas jokes] lights?

• 11 months later...

A proceed with the making of the Monte bumper.

Finally, I welded a strip of metal at the TR4 (or was it the 3?) rosettes (overrider).

Next job was to cut out the wholes where the up and under bumper would fit in. This is also al lot of measurement. What you see on the picture are rosettes already de-chromed and rusty.

I tried to lain the rosettes a little bit backwards and also tried to find a smooth rear end. They are ready to be chromed.

See: http://www.z-point.nl/SLS/boulevard5.jpg

Or see the rest of the pics http://www.z-point.nl/sls/sls.htm

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Zedrally

Looking good, but what is a rosette?

Hi Mike,

I think you call it overriders, the two vertical bumper parts?

2ManyZs

After reading your mail and seeing the picture again, yes it could be the place of crime. But it wasn't, this picture was taken the day after.

• 7 months later...
When you got the vertical ‘depth’ you are able to measure the wideness.

……

Hi Guus,

I've revived this thread as I have made a start on the bumper..finally.

I'm using parts from the 260 to make the front brackets, however, I'm having difficulty in determining the drop [depth as you have called it].

Photos of the works car looks like it might be 50mm or there about?

Would this be close?

Mike...