IGNORED

Free movie screening SUNDAY in LA for "Sex, Love and Z-Parts" starring a 280Z!

Nissan Sport ed

Sorry for the last-minute notice, but the producers of a new Z car short film just contacted Nissan Sport about a free movie screening of their 30-minute flick “Sex, Love & Z-Parts.” To get in free, all you need to do is bring your Z. It will be shown on Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Arclight movie theater--the star of the show (the 280Z) will be parked out front. More details, including a link to their 280Z “Stunt” trailer, are on

www.nissansportmag.com

BTW, the magazine is at the printer and the first copies will be off press this Thursday! Subscribers can look for Nissan Sport in the mail the week of Sept 17.

Dave Bexfield

Managing Editor, Nissan Sport

505-890-1764

www.nissansportmag.com

Hi Dave (everyone):

Quite frankly - I'm shocked. I find it hard to believe that NISSAN SPORT Magazine would endorse, let alone promote this filth. This "film" reduces Z Car owners to low class trash, and portrays them as morons driving on public streets.

Everyone that knows me personally, knows that my spoken language is far less than "Puritan"... and my personal use of the "F" word is common. ( a carry over from by days in service)... Nonetheless, I would want no part of being associated with this "film".

If any Executives at Nissan watched these trailers... they'd pull their Ad.'s in a heart beat...

And in ending I'd say that Yellow 280Z is as trashy as the numnuts driving it. What a horrible image of "Z Car People" to present to the public.

Carl B.

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

these clowns are film makers, not car guys or even film makers trying to represent zcar owners. my guess is they could have easily picked one of many other cars for their short film. i agree with carl in that nissan is tainted by it's association with this group. i think nissan has gained nothing and only stands to lose posture if the film is recieved poorly as the trailers have been with me and carl. in my opinion the trailers show our zcar doing what is almost never done these days; that is being driven like an idiot by an idiot. i think if the filmakers had chosen another car, say a mustang; where the enthusiast community does not cherish the dignity of their cars as most of us do, then very little would be said.

nissan can do as they please, just as they did when the 350 was introduced with "the run". personally i was shocked. if someone had been hurt then what do you do. all you can say is "that was dumb". now enter all the reasoning about how they took precautions and any plublicity is good plublicity. that's foolish. i get dissapointed by this type of brand association because it is by all accounts an amature move. the correct way, the most profitable way and the most dignified way to promote your brand steers far and clear from the above short film.

cdavid

I guess to some, any portrail of a Datsun maybe better than none, I haven't watched the video, but in looking at the stills, I got the idea that the car was more inline with the cars in the demolition derby sceene from "Herbie, Full Throttle", and the driving was from any of the videos showing the Moron with money and no sence, or respect for others, Darius. Naybe it won't be an issue to the non S30 Drivers, but....

Everyone that knows me personally, knows that my spoken language is far less than "Puritan"... and my personal use of the "F" word is common.

Carl,

I have asked several of your friends and they say you almost never say... "F...actory"!

That is the dreaded "F" word acording to all the polls that I have read here...

Thought somehow the auto censor let me slip it in!

Will

Carl,

I have asked several of your friends and they say you almost never say... "F...actory"!

That is the dreaded "F" word acording to all the polls that I have read here...

Thought somehow the auto censor let me slip it in!

Will

Hi Will:

That's just too funny....

I'll have to watch my language more closely....

regards,

Carl

When I first read about the movie, I thought that if it had a Z featured what could be bad. I just watched three trailers on you tube and have to agree that this film looks trashy. I would not want to sit through this, nor have this represent the Z mentality I know.

I personally haven't seen the movie. It has won a few awards, and I only watched the "stunt" sequences on closed roads--the others I really didn't care for so I switched them off after I didn't see Z cars in the first ten seconds. Thanks for the 2 cents, Carl. The movie folks are sending me DVDs to review, so I'll be able to comment more once I have a chance to see the full flick.

-Dave