IGNORED

competition hood interest?

mikemeade

There is a big company here in Nebraska called Shell Valley. They make several different car bodies all of which are fiberglass, and I have heard that they do an amazing job. They might be able to make them for you and make them very HIGH Quality at that! I don't know if thats to far to ship but its a thought. Here is some of the info you can look at.

http://www.shellvalley.com/default.asp

Shell Valley Companies

23119 287th Street, Platte Center, NE 68653

Voice: (402) 246-2355 - Toll Free: (888) 246-0900 - Fax: (402) 246-3710

E-Mail: svm@megavision.com

Orders Only Please: 1-800-356-9198

I don't see where they make molds for products other than their own. Always worth asking though!

Will

I just saw one of those on a black primer 240Z here in Cali. It looks pretty good on a Z. Definately had me guessing. I didn't know it was a comp part. It would really help air flow under the hood though.

As soon as the good carbon fiber becomes available again I plan on making several small parts and was thinking of finding someone with a large autoclave about building hoods and replacment fenders... There are several places in town where I live.

I'd like to know more about this too. I offered to pay for shipment and provide a very nice $$$ cache to ensure it's safe return in order to have this reproduced. I hope this doesn't fall to the wayside as it is a valuable part and basically unobtainable.

• 10 months later...

Well,

Since we haven't heard anything, I traded for a copy of one with a hood. The exterior is very good, the interior is lacking bracing, and the openings in the vent have not been cut out. I have to replace the studs as they were not embedded in the fiberglass properly.

Will

• 1 year later...

Hi Mike , I too am very interested in getting a hood vent for my Z. Here is a number for a fabricator that can do the work-905-857-6345, his name is Rob and I found his company on the net. He says they will sell for $200 to $250 but he does need a copy to make the mold. I hope we can get this done as I know the group will enjoy having the competition hood option. Email me if you need my help...Jack

Hard to believe that it has been 2-1/2 years already. I do still have the hood, and I have some PMs from people wanting to copy the hood. I'll look into it more this weekend, but I'm pretty sure that I can get something going. I'm sorry I dropped off the face of the planet, but I had to shelf the z project until a few other big things are wrapped up. The good thing is that I won't be missing the hood if it is gone for a while.

Mike