IGNORED

Other cars you own, or drive?

astrohog

I ride a 2005 Sportster 1200 Custom as a daily driver and my wife drives our 2004 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon. I don't have any pictures yet. But then I also have my 72 Z which will start getting completly taken apart for the bodywork to get rid of the rust on it.

No trucks, SUVs or automatic transmissions for my wife and me.

Currently:

• 1996 BMW 328i Sport
  • 1991 VW Jetta GLI 16v (bought new in '91, 102k miles)
  • 1992 BMW K75RT (only two wheels)

Notable previous vehicles:

• 1981 BMW 323i (gray market European model, think 320i with a 2.3L six)
  • 1990 VW Corrado G60
  • 1967 MGB (went through the same process the 240Z is now experiencing
  • 1981 Scirocco S (much modded)
  • Numerous motorcycles and ATVs
  • 1974 Datsun B210 hatchback (only previous Datsun)
  • 1975 Chevy Cosworth Vega (not much like a regular Vega - 2.0 all-aluminum 16v twin cam with a true Cosworth head and factory fuel injection, one of 3600 built)

In addition to my 2 Zs my daily driver is a 1994 Mitsubushi Montero. The Queen of my garage is a pearl white 2003 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe. Now for the topper we give our kids the newest car in our stable a 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R. Future purchase: Xterra or a alternative fuels Titan or some Hybird SUV to replace the Montero.

Previous autos of mine: My teens: 72 AMX, 72 Gremlin X. Post High School/Begining of Navy career: 73 Triumph Spitfire(loved that car/kept for 11yrs). Mariage/Grown-up years: 85 Mitsubishi Might Max, 87 Mustang, 80 Corvette(garbage/wife wanted it), a rust bucket 73 Z(free), 70 510 Wagon. Duty in Japan: 92 Nissan Skyline GTS, 98 Mazda Eunos Roadster.

My other cars are a 1998 Ford Explorer and a 2002 Chrylser Town and Country. Of course my best is my 83 280ZX

I also have a 1998 Ford Explorer. My wife's car is a 2002 BMW X5.

Which is an awesome care by the way. Everyone should have one.

My first car I bought was the 280z (two years ago at the beginning of the summer). Then I realized there's just no way I'm driving that through the winters here! So I bought my other car off my brother when he went into basic training in the Air Force. It's a junker 1990 Grand Marquis that had 45k miles on it when we bought it 5 years ago. Odo broke at 64k and I suspect it's got roughly 85k miles on it. But man, those winters are brutal on it and it looks like a 185k mile junker car.

Looking to buy a different beater car, one with better gas milage. :devious:

Cheers!

James

Vehicles are listed below....I drive the Titan...not to boring for a truck..good performance if you can handle $65.00 fill ups, wife drives the Maxima, we drive the Miata sparingly on weekends when carrying space is not an issue.

The Z when it is finished will be driven on occasions...but on those occasions "Oh Lord"...I scare myself thinkin' about it. :nervous:

1978 280Z. Being repaired after an "altercation". Daily driver during good weather otherwise.

1999 Camry; V6 and a 5 speed. My daily driver when the Z isn't available.

2003 Town&Country Minivan. Wife-mobile.

1995 Nissan 200SX - Car I let the oldest Kid drive. Taking it to college in 2 weeks.

1996 Pontiac Grand Am. Bought from my parents for $800 as an extra car. 2nd kid will be driving soon!

1970 240Z. In pieces.