IGNORED

Source for Fender covers

TomoHawk

Upholstery shops.... They usually just want to recover your seats- and only if it's a late-model car with new covers readily available. I tried to get a new sunvisor to fit my bigger-sized mirror, and they guy just kept saying " it's too thick to go through the sewing machine."

:angry:

There is only one upholstery shop?

Will

I use this really soft foam rubber that I picked up at a local parts store. It's kind of like the stuff you use to line your toolbox but without the holes. It came in different sizes and is big enough to cover the entire fender. When I'm done I can roll it up and put it in my tool box.

post-1052-1415079795648_thumb.jpg

post-1052-1415079795683_thumb.jpg

The bottom-inside corner of the stock sun visor hits the mirror, so I took the wire frame out, and shaped it to fit. Just needs recovering.

If the fender covers could be made easily ( old-lady club?) then I think we could even add a few to the CZCC stores.

What kind of material are you looking for. I do some upholstery work and can maybe help you out. I'm currently working on a 75 restoration/resto mod. Maybe you could shoot me a couple of photos of the one needing to be covered and the other one that you are matching to. Maybe should just recover them both?

My wife recently gave me a set of old bathroom throw rugs for the shop. They were faded and she wanted them out of the house so... Why not give them to hubby? I had her wash them and after examining them I decided to try them as fender covers on my Z. Man oh man do they ever work. They have a rubberized surface so they will not shift, they are thick and absorb dropped tools and they wash up after they get oiley. I roll them up to keep the bottom surface clean and store them under the workbench. After working on cars for 50 years, I finally found a fender cover that works. They just happen to be blue and my Z is blue. It just doesn't get any better then this! No Nissan/Datsun logo but they really do work.

I am starting to work on some "semi custom" fender covers that maybe can be evaluated for the site. Any design/feature suggestions that anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Let's have some feedback!!!!

Thanks

What ever you do, put a Z from the S30 script in it and not the 350Z Z.

Maybe sew in a pocket for a removeable magnet(or a steel plate for a magnetic parts bowl to cling to) to hold hardware/tools captive-the one in my set has been invaluable-nothing I am working with falls from or scratches the fender!

Will