IGNORED

1980 280ZX wheel color on Silver 1977 280Z.. suggestions?

BuDavid

zbane, well the main thing that I understod your aim, I'm also at work since I posted this post (I hope that the power plant wont burn:dead: )

Doehring, I do respect you opinion and I considered the choise of black, but will it be with polished "B" area? and would it look nice on silver? on black looks very good, but black on silver not sure.. BTW I appreciate teachrs.. Danke Rolf..;)

Victor Laury, thank you for showing the picture dude..

Arne, dont worry, I wont throw my 6 points wheels, I'll have them under my bed in case I get bored if the iron cross ones;)

so at the end we conclude that no body aggrees on keeping them golden?

thaks folks..

Definitely not gold!!!

My personal choice for your car would be:

A. Gunmetal grey

B. Polished (chrome)

C. Polished (chrome)

Although for something a bit different, you could paint the part C the same as part A, that might look good... or it may just look strange.

BuDavid, I have gold on my 280. It looks fine on a red car, but I don't think Gold would look good on such a beautiful Silver model. I think we all agree that there should be some contrast in there. It seems that most of us are going for a gunmetal/black cross with silver or polished highlights. Whatever you decide will be the best, of course, since it is your ride.

zbane,

mazingerz1976,

all,

thank you all guys for the suggestions, and I'm really confident in the members of this forum, I'm more comfortable with the black. but the gunmetal black means a very dark metallic grey?:nervous: sorry guys for this dumb question, because I never heared of this expression before..

I was thinking of "metallic almost-black grey" which maight mean the gunmetal black..

am I wrong?:hurt:

Stephen, your avatar is small and I guess it is disturbed by light reflection.. but I think I understood which color is it, I would go for it I guess.. it would make a good combination as far as I think..

thank you.

Hi BuDavid, gunmetal grey is just a name that is given sometimes in English to a dark, often metallic grey colour. You're right - almost black. Black can just sometimes look tacky. Here's an example of gunmetal, hope it helps. I know what ever decision you make, it will be a good one! Make sure to let us know how it goes :)

Twins_02.jpg

I just wanted to show you guys the Z that inspired me to get those wheels..

I took the picture in Bratislava (Slovakia's Capital City) before 3 years at a car show that had the 350Z for the first time, and that 240Z was shown next to it, and as an S30 addict, I just walked like a blind guy next to the 350Z and started taking pictures of that 240ROFL

I can tell you guys, that car looked like new!! it had a Czech number plate.

enjoy:smoke:

post-8997-14150797958881_thumb.jpg

post-8997-14150797959138_thumb.jpg

post-8997-14150797959342_thumb.jpg

post-8997-14150797959546_thumb.jpg

post-8997-14150797959773_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, I've just got my rims back from the workshop, the guys there did a nice job! the rims are polished and they had the paint completly removed!

I wanted to take the advice of many people from the forum about the color selection which is "gun metal black or grey" but when I saw the rims unpainted, they looked really nice to me! they were mat-dark grey! to me they looked odd and classic, what do you think? shall I leave them as they are or paint them/clear coat them maybe??

waiting for the feedbacks..

thanks.

post-8997-14150798072631_thumb.jpg

post-8997-14150798072823_thumb.jpg

post-8997-14150798073021_thumb.jpg

post-8997-14150798073128_thumb.jpg