IGNORED

Sport Z Magazine out of business???

norcal z

I recently renewed my subscription for two years, and today I received a post card in the mail telling me my subscription has been transferred to a new rag titled Nissan Sport, "an all-new, all-Nissan quarterly magazine..

I'm not happy about this bait and switch. Clearly, you knew about this change when you sent out the renewal notice, yet that wasn't mentioned. It's bad enough that Sport Z began running articles featuring the "blob" 350 Z, and while I understood the reason, like a lot of others around here, I wasn't very happy about it. With the change, I suppose now we're going to be "treated" to other feature articles on the rest of the fugly Nissan line, too? But of course, you'll sprinkle in a real Z car article once in awhile, just to keep the 240Z crowd placated.

No thanks - I'm cancelling my renewal. The way you handled this is just plain wrong.

Gary, please see the other posts on this forum (search for Sport Z) for an explanation of the situation. Also, visit www.nissansportmag.com and read the FAQ, and visit www.FreshAlloy.com to read their interview with me.

Actually, we did not know the magazine was shuttering its doors before renewal notices were sent out. In fact, we were doing everything possible to survive. Only at the end of May did the publisher make the decision to close the magazine due to lack of funds. It was the employees (now the owners of Nissan Sport) who came to publisher and asked if there was any possible way we could continue. Nissan Sport is the result, and we arenot seeing a dime of your subscription money from Sport Z (or any other subscription dollars for that matter, including some 5-year subscriptions).

I understand your initial disappointment. But please, give us a chance. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the amount of S30 coverage. Our Project 240Z is continuing and we have a number of articles in the works or already complete. I know you won't believe me until you see it for yourself, but by my early calculations, there will be actually MORE early Z coverage in Nissan Sport than in Sport Z.... The 240Z is one of the best sports cars ever made and deserves the attention. Please trust us, it will get it.

I'm always available to answer personal questions. Write me directly at daveb@nissansportmag.com. Or call (during biz hours) 505-890-1764. Look forward to hearing from you.

Dave Bexfield

Managing Editor, Nissan Sport

www.nissansportmag.com

• 3 weeks later...
Gary, please see the other posts on this forum (search for Sport Z) for an explanation of the situation. Also, visit www.nissansportmag.com and read the FAQ, and visit www.FreshAlloy.com to read their interview with me.

Actually, we did not know the magazine was shuttering its doors before renewal notices were sent out. In fact, we were doing everything possible to survive. Only at the end of May did the publisher make the decision to close the magazine due to lack of funds. It was the employees (now the owners of Nissan Sport) who came to publisher and asked if there was any possible way we could continue. Nissan Sport is the result, and we arenot seeing a dime of your subscription money from Sport Z (or any other subscription dollars for that matter, including some 5-year subscriptions).

I understand your initial disappointment. But please, give us a chance. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the amount of S30 coverage. Our Project 240Z is continuing and we have a number of articles in the works or already complete. I know you won't believe me until you see it for yourself, but by my early calculations, there will be actually MORE early Z coverage in Nissan Sport than in Sport Z.... The 240Z is one of the best sports cars ever made and deserves the attention. Please trust us, it will get it.

I'm always available to answer personal questions. Write me directly at daveb@nissansportmag.com. Or call (during biz hours) 505-890-1764. Look forward to hearing from you.

Dave Bexfield

Managing Editor, Nissan Sport

www.nissansportmag.com

Dave,

Is Nissan sport continuing the deal with Z Clubs around the country who include a subscription along with the club's annual dues. I know the Windy City Z Club was doing it, along with several others.

Marty

Marty, the Partner Club promo will continue on. I will be contacting all Partner Clubs by the middle of next week (we've sent out emails, but I also like to call to explain in more details the magazine changes). I'm about half way through the list of clubs.

The only thing that changes is the price of a yearly subscription to the magazine for club members. It was $13.00 per year and it will drop to $12.00 per year (starting in Jan 07). Everything else stays the same.

All clubs will be credited 1 issue cost for not receiving the summer issue of Sport Z Magazine. Subscribers that are not in Z clubs get an issue added on to their subscription to make up the loss for not getting the Summer issue. But Partner Club subscribers automatically renew their subscription when they pay their yearly dues to the club. So there was no way for us to add a extra issue to the subscription. So that is why we will credit the club the cost of one issue and the club can decide what to do with the money. I konw one club that will be having a bbq and paying for it with the money that will be credited to them.

Art Singer

Nissan Sport

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about getting a sub to SportZ, but after finding out it closed down and checking out the link to the new mag, I am not sure it appeals to me at all. I am a 240Zfreak, with an appreciation on the side for 510's, but none of the rest of the Nissan line appeals to me. Has anyone got any reviews of the mag and its content that might convince me otherwise?

-Mikey

The magazine hasn't sent out its' first issue, so reviewing it will be harder than removing 50 spindle pins with a chipping hammer. RAZ1 (Art Singer) is one of the big wigs(not to offend him or his #260 friends...) in the Magazine-and a 240Z guy-has said that the coverage of 240Zs will be greater than SportZ, in addition Sport Z didn't cover the 510 at all, meaning you would be better off with a subscription to Nissan Sport as it has been explained to us.

WIll

Mikey, the only thing I can tell you is to wait for it to come out on the newsstand (the winter 2006/07 issue), look at it for free and then decide if you want it or not. The Fall 2006 issue goes out in the mail September but will not make it to the newsstand.

At this time nobody outside of the magazine knows what all will be included in the content. But if you don't wany to wait that long, I'm sure that once subscribers start getting it in the mail (sept), some will be talking (posting) about it so you should get a good idea of what it's all about when that happens.

Art Singer

Nissan Sport