IGNORED

WHich would you rather have(and post why)?

hls30.com

Which would you rather have(post why)?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have(post why)?

• what came with the car
    • 5 speed manual
    • 3 speed automatic
    • Automatic with overdrive.

real men drive a manual.women drive autos.:)
Obviously, you've never met the right woman. My wife refuses to drive an automatic, her car is a '91 VW Jetta GLI - 2.0L 16 valve, close-ratio 5 speed, Recaros, Sachs suspension and Techtonics Tuning mandrel bent 2.25" exhaust. So I don't want to hear none of that "women drive automatics." 'Tain't always true.

Right now I've got an automatic and I just learned how to drive a clutch, so I'd like to upgrade to a 5-speed next year after I get used to my car. I haven't driven it since I bought it, so the automatic will be great for getting a feel for the car. I'm going to get another automatic first though because the one I have is kinda shot.

I like the originality of the original 4 speed that came with the car. If I were to have another Z that I could build according to my personal desires for a peformance car, I would go with the 5 speed. Maybe that car will come some day..

You need to add in there 6 speed, I finally got my six speed and you didn't even have it as a choice!!! LOL

I didnt put a 5 speed auto(as my Dodge 1500 quadcab has) either.

What six speed bolts on an L series engine or its bell housing?

Will

The series 1 240Z (RHD) I have has the FS5C71A 5 speed box that you US guys never got. It is great but is currently in the shop getting 5th gear welded up and then re-ground as it was popping out of 5th under power. Hard to get bits for these old boxes now.

I prefer a manual in a car that I want to have a bit of fun in and an auto for a family car as I am getting lazy as I get older.

My 70 is original and I plan on keeping it that way. The 4A transmission was rebuilt a few years back and has served me well. I am now looking for a newer 240 with an auto to use as a daily driver in the worst traffic in the country. Both because the cars themselves are in better condition and the time spent in stop and go traffic.

As far as better feel and handling I can build either set up to work well depending on its use. It only takes money.