IGNORED

Sport Z Mag. Closing Down

jmark

That REALLY SUCKS!!! I got suckered and bought into a 5 year subscription because I liked Sport Z Magazine. The new one will honor the subscription thankfully but now I have to sift through all the non z car crap and keep what interests me. The ole Zed!!!

Unfortunately I remember the previous effort at a Z car magazine. When it started to flounder, Marc Sayer tried to expand its coverage, but I think it was too little, too late. Marc disappeared from the Z car scene when he folded Z Car and Classic Datsun.

The previous posts nailed it. You need deep pockets to start an enthusiast magazine, and you need plenty of sponsors and subscribers to keep it going.

loyal subscription base

Yup. I was loyal from the git-go. Even with all the Z33 and G35 info, I never waivered in my love of "Z".

I'm a Nissan/Datsun person in general so maybe the new publication will hold my attention as well. We'll see.

Mag had great people working there, Its a shame our z fan base can't support/keep afloat a great publication such as this....It does take tons of money to keep a full fledged enterprise going...I thought the 4 issue a year deal would be able to prosper.

Our internet clubs will have to do for now.

Thanks SportZ for the great mag.

david

Is there or was there a June issue !!! I have been a subscriber since the beginingg and I to just renewed for another three more years !!! Saddist part I hate to see the magazine come to an end !!!! They did one hell of a job and it was a lot of hard work with little or no profit !!!! Sport Z magazine will be missed !!!

Greetings Classic Z Car Club, I see you obviously have heard the sad news that the publisher of Sport Z, Robert Bell, has decided to retire. But sometimes, when one door closes, another opens. In other words, don't panic. What's behind that door will make you S30 fans breath easier.

I’d like to introduce Nissan Sport, a new all-Nissan, all-Datsun, all-Infiniti magazine started and co-owned by the key now-former employees of Sport Z Magazine. That also means me, former SZM editor-in-chief, now managing editor of Nissan Sport. It also means Art Singer, he's still the associate publisher and still a pain in the arse.

Most if not all key writers from Sport Z are coming aboard (still in the process of contacting all of them). Just about every advertiser has offered Nissan Sport their full support and commitment. More importantly, though, we worked out an agreement with Bob Bell late Friday afternoon of last week that will make fans of Sport Z ecstatic.

Nissan Sport will honor--in full--all Sport Z subscriptions and will have the same great Z coverage. Our Project 240Z continues, and we plan to add weekly coverage on our website. Doc Demers has great S30 tech articles waiting for publication. We have a gaggle of 240s, 260s and 280s waiting in the wings for features.

Yes, there will be some changes. Nissan Sport will be shipped in a protective polybag. The annual subscription price drops to only $14.95. And we are expanding page count by at least another eight pages since we will be accommodating the full line of Nissan vehicles (not all at once, mind you).

Look for the first issue to be mailed out in early September. Essentially, 90 percent of the magazine that was going to ship this Summer as Sport Z will ship this Fall as Nissan Sport. Right now we have an introductory special of $12.95, which expires July 31. For more information on Nissan Sport, including a detailed FAQ on how much Z coverage you can expect and a look at our Project 240Z area, go to our website, www.nissansportmag.com. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Please pass this information along to your friends, forum members, and fans of Sport Z.

I apologize for not getting this announcement out sooner. Art, DaveO, Mike and I have been working late nights for much of the past month to make this happen. We didn't want to see the opportunity to build on a great magazine go away. The Nissan Sport team is determined to deliver the absolute best niche car magazine on the market, and any support you can offer is much appreciated.

This will be one of my last posts as Sport Z Magazine. Look for me soon under Nissan Sport. If you have questions, write me anytime at daveb@nissansportmag.com. Thanks for the understanding and see you in our pages.

Dave Bexfield

Editor, Nissan Sport

www.nissansportmag.com