IGNORED

Sport Z Mag. Closing Down

jmark

For the guys that know me, I'm not going away anytime soon. So if you thought this was the best chance to get rid of me, you are sadly mistaken. LOL. On a serious note, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM or email me.

Art Singer

Associate Publisher

Nissan Sport

Friends,

sportzmagazine was great although Infinity didn't interest me personally. I wish Nissan Sport a long and successful future and hope there will still be enough Z stuff - whatever Z/ZX it concerns. To be honest, to me Nissan is a brand without a face - no image, no personality (exept the Z-line). One of the things I'm not interested in is bread and butter Nissan.

Rolf

What about those of us who bought the 3 year sub? Are we stuck with this new mag, or can we get a refund? There ought to be legal issues here.

While the issue of subscriptions has been addressed, I have to take issue with your post. SportZ was an enthusiast magazine. The guys working on the magazine are enthusiasts wanting to improve the community.

Which scenario do you think is more accurate?

1. They were trying to defraud you of your subscription money.

2. They were doing everything they could to keep the publication afloat, but they finally realized they could not go on with the losses.

The publication was bleeding money. Where were you thinking they were going to get the money for refunds anyway? The new magazine is GRACIOUSLY picking up all of the old subscriptions. (Granted, it can be a shrewd marketing move if they can survive the start-up costs.)

In the age where people have digital cameras and internet access, there are enormous challenges in getting an enthusiast magazine to break even. Between this site and Zcar.com, I have found more tech tips than I can shake a stick at, usually with good pictures to boot.

While I loved the magazine, and hope that the new one has something useful to offer the Z-car crowd (I too have no interest in current "general" Nissan stuff), I have to admit that this is the last time I will buy long term subscriptions to any magazine. I never do it for "normal" magazines, but I wanted to support SportZ. Including sinking an extra chunk into first-class postage just a few months ago, since the covers on mine kept getting damaged. The people at SportZ were great - always helpful. But this is the kind of unfortunate occurrence that makes people shy away from making long-term commitments.

While I loved the magazine, and hope that the new one has something useful to offer the Z-car crowd (I too have no interest in current "general" Nissan stuff), I have to admit that this is the last time I will buy long term subscriptions to any magazine. I never do it for "normal" magazines, but I wanted to support SportZ. Including sinking an extra chunk into first-class postage just a few months ago, since the covers on mine kept getting damaged. The people at SportZ were great - always helpful. But this is the kind of unfortunate occurrence that makes people shy away from making long-term commitments.

Except for the fact that I committed to the 5 year subscription deal with first class postage...That is what I really wanted to say but was a little upset so it didn't come out this way...thanks mdbrandy

David, since you have a first class upgrade and now that we will be polybagging the new magazine, 1st class mailing will not be needed. To make up the difference we will be extending your subscription a few issues. The good thing for everyone now is that they all will receive the magazine in a protected plastic bag.

It also means that we have a few issues to show you that we will still be commited to the Z.

Art Singer

Associate Publisher

Nissan Sport

Perhaps the honorable thing for Sport Z Magazine to do is to refund the unpublished prorated subscription fee to each subscriber and allow the subscriber the privilege to decide what magazines he/she prefers to patronize. I am certain an ethical person does not want to feel that they are stealing money from people who purchased a 1,2 or 3 year subscription.

Keith