IGNORED

Hate to sell my Z

ricksaia

I disagree. The money might be a tad high. But to do all you have done to her I am sure you have that & more in it. As far as Ebay, I found my '71 via Ebay. Car didn't meet reserve and I contacted the owner and bought it for a bit less after seeing it. The owner actually put his phone number in the ad and I called him.

If you do decide to eBay the car, just be sure to put in lots of good photos, and make sure you have the reserve set for the minimum you need to get out of it. You can start the bidding at $.01 as long as you have the protection of your reserve price.

Rick,

I run a side business on eBay - it can't hurt to get multiple eyeballs. Key here is make sure you set a reserve price to cover yourself in the event that the bids don't go as high as you expect.

Keep in mind that people are pre-programmed to expect a "bargain" on eBay, but I have seen things like 280 GTO rebodies for $40 grand, so nothing is out of the ordinary.

If you want more detail, PM me - there are other things to do to protect yourself, but I just sold a car that many told me was "too high" and I got what I wanted :)

Rich

Keep the inputs comming. This helps. My car may be modified, but I have almost everything to bring her back to stock. In regards to the price, I have almost double that into the restoration. Someone would be getting a bargain. Rick.

Keep the inputs comming. This helps. My car may be modified, but I have almost everything to bring her back to stock. In regards to the price, I have almost double that into the restoration. Someone would be getting a bargain. Rick.

That's usually the way it works. It's hard to get more than 1/2 back. I guess most could be put back to stock except the undercoating without completely stripping it again and depending on the materials you used for painting all of the sandblasted components and the body that could be an issue. Poly bushings, non-stock suspension components also would be a pain. It's doable but hell why buy one with all the upgrade non-stock parts if you want a stock car that's my point. Not much of a selling point once all the work has been done to change it.

Sucks to hear, my dad and I went halfs on our 280z and sorta work on it together when we have time...he just had major foot surgery and wants to sell it since I already have a z32....so on fathers day I cleaned it up and took some pics of her for him.....it worked in the past, I showed him a pic I took of it and he took the for sale sign out the window....fathers day...

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22023

Good Luck, hope you keep it, it will always be your Z even if you sell it becuase people will recognize it as your work in the end if you do end up selling it.

Rick,

I, too, am really feeling badly for you. I can only imagine how I would feel if I had to sell my early 1/71 car.

This is my two cents. Don't know your situation, but if it is workable, why not consider taking the car to Scottsdale next January to Barrett Jackson auction. In the mean time, enjoy it a little while longer by putting it back to as stock as possible, and contact the auction company to get there input. You may get a surprising price in this environment. It would also set a time certain for getting rid of the car, and give you the time in which your fortunes may take a turn for the better, which may not necessitate to the sale of your car. New opportunities have a way of presenting themselves

when least expected. Take your time.

Dan

I wish I could wait until January for the BJ auction. I am in need of the funds immediately. No, I do not have my own restoration shop, I just love Z's and am fortunate enough to know how to put them together. I would love to keep this car but I just cannot. I see the Z on ebay right know that has a current bid of $12K, I believe mine is cleaner and you get an extra motor that has been rebuilt and runs great. If this person gets over $15k for the car, I might have to put mine on ebay. Rick.

I would suggest putting the info on the car and link to ebay(if you choose this route) on various Z sites, the more advertisement the better to drive up the price.....I would even say have some friends drive up the price, you can always sell it to the next highest bidder if the top bidder doesn't come through.

Good Luck