IGNORED

KGC110 Skyline for sale in U.S.!

g72s20

Interestingly enough, I happened to see one of these 'belt buckle' style grilles the other day. While investigating a classified's ad, the seller showed me through his parts collection - apparently he pulled the grille of an oz delivered 240k hed just wrecked. Felt pretty chuffed with himself i might add, as he felt it was a 'far superior' look to that of the standard grille we are all familiar with. I dont think he realised the rarity, but despite this, he wasnt willing to part with it. To the point, then! Its a different mesh, made up of hexagonal shapes, as opposed to trapezoid or square.

Tom

Yep, indeed it is, and the grille was from the four door was was wrecking. Seeing him again tomorrow, damn hes got some nice bits - ill post a pic of the grille. The coupe is still pretty much a bare shell, but hes just about finished the rust removal/primering stage with all the bits to go on soon - hes planning a nissan V8 (VH44 or 41 i think) for the thing :D! His work is all of a very high standard, with a great deal of bespoke fabrication. Should be a tasty prospect when finished - i believe he'll be the only owner of a restored 240k coupe in perth, at least the only one i know of. And just to cap it off, nestled away next to the c110 coupe was a fully restored 240z, supercharged efi l28, motec ecu and im sure a host of other tasty bits. Bit of a hijack sorry...

Here are some pictures of the grille. Thanks for clarifying that Tom. Interesting find... but I don't agree with him on the looks thing. The best thing about these grilles IMO is that they are "different".

Speaking of grilles, anyone want a normal 240K grille? I've got two now and one will have to be thrown out as it's taking up room.

post-1243-1415079754928_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150797549483_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150797549723_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150797549879_thumb.jpg

Interesting, interesting...

A couple of points though. The grille i am referring to is none of those - its the 'cleaner' belt buckle grille, i think present on the gc111 - Just looked that up...hmmmm. Ill take a picture of it tomorrow for closure on this, but i believe weve all seen this grille before, i remember seeing it here anyway...

As for deanos z, yep thats it, however hes since ditched the triple webbered l28 and, as i mentioned earlier, opted for a supercharged efi l28. Not sure if he still has the old motor but apparrently it made around 250hp at the fly.

Well, back to the original topic. I believe the owner told Brian that the car would go close to the BIN price but with about a day and a half to go there are still no bids. IMO the price is a little steep for a project car even if it is a Skyline.

i gotta agree with Stephen...

the last time we spoke about buying/importing skylines from japan i contacted an outfit called Monkeys who had gotten a KPGC10 to L.A. before and once everything was said and done it really doesn't appear that dramatic at all to get exactly what you want straight from Japan...

Why settle for a beater project car, when for just a little more you could get everything you wanted? That's my $0.02...

-e