IGNORED

datsun owners identifacation card

Dat 240K

Originally posted by: 240ZGL

The dealership was an American Motors, Oldsmobile, Datsun, and Mercedes-Benz place. What a combo huh.

LOL My 83 ZX was originally purchased at Sun Datsun/Rolls Royce in El Paso, Tx. Go figure!

i dont think its a warranty card its the cars identifacation card at time of original sale

Hey Jacob,

Best thing you can do is get it scanned and post a pic on here. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something that was done different in Australia, and is an item of interest simply because not enough have survived the span of time to be known about....even by the keen researchers!

Jim.

P.S. Some pics of your silver K would be good to see also:)

the original owner of the car must have been the owner of a chocolate company based in sydney (James's chocolate or something, from memory). I found it in the owners wallet, along with the reciept between the original owner, and the 2nd owner...

it was incredibly lucky, as the 2nd owner (well, his son) on his reciept to me, wrote down the wrong engine number..

luckily, i had the original owners details in the manual (along with the proper engine number), the reciept from the 1st owner to the 2nd, and then my reciept...

the RTA guy was quite impressed with the fact i had all that info on hand, as well as the car being owned by that chocolate company (apparently they were his favourite when he was young)

i love the history that these cars bring up!

here is the identifacation card that i have, i also have some receipts that came with it showing when the company was datsun and then went to nissan in \85

is this card valuble ive also been told by a mate that it can help get the car into datsun clubs is this true? not that i dont believe my mate as he is a datsun head to but he has zeds not k's

i think i am the forth owner of this car by the looks of the engine the last person who rebuit it had no idea and knocked the welsh plugs into the block

hmm i gues thats why it ran a bit hot when i first got her now the block has to be acid bathed

post-10708-14150797445253_thumb.jpg

post-10708-14150797445784_thumb.jpg

post-10708-14150797446289_thumb.jpg

Interesting! What year is your car? Is the Identification card attached to the owner's manual?

I don't think any of that stuff would be more valuable to anyone else but yourself. It may affect the value of your car a bit I guess.

Love the receipts you've got!! Apparently my car's previous owner (original owner) still has all the documentation from new but I haven't been able to get a hold of it. Quite possibly gone now :(