IGNORED

Interested in the Pinks Z: Want the motor? Details within...

naviathan

The more people that get into the restorations and build ups, the more demand there is for parts which brings about lower prices and more availability for the rest of us.

It's be 35 years or so since I was in an economics class, but doesn't that run contrary to the principle behind price and demand?

It's be 35 years or so since I was in an economics class, but doesn't that run contrary to the principle behind price and demand?
If the increased demand prompts new suppliers or increased production, than supply goes up and price comes down.

But if the demand goes up without new suppliers or increased production from existing suppliers, prices go up as supply gets tight.

The original poster is obviously assuming that if demand goes up, supply will increase to match. Reminds me of trickle-down economics. It could happen that way, but it could backfire too.

I must admit I was baffled by the original post. Thanks to others who filled in the back story. I assume this "Pinks" thing is a 1/4 mile kind of thing, while I am more of a "how does this thing handle in a blind corner on a mountain road" kind of guy. I wish these Pinks guys all the best, but I have no idea what I would do with a fire breathing 1/4 mile Z motor even if it was given to me for free. I think I'll pass on the raffle.

That's it! Thank you 26th-Z for clearing that up for me. I apologize that the ad wasn't very clear, but that's what we were given to advertise with. Let me just say it's an incredible car and win or loose I think it's a worth while gamble. Really it's right up there with buying a bunch of lottery tickets. Thanks to those that have donated or bought a raffle ticket.

I wish you guys the greatest of good fortune, Naviathan. I really meant it when I said I was proud of you for doing what you are doing. You all are truely car guys and your spirit is commendable. I hope you kick arse and make the Z community proud. But no matter; I am astonished with your project and even though it may not be my own cup of tea, I recognize your enthusiasm and willingness to accomplish rather than talk. Please let us know when the show is aired. I will make appropriate efforts to watch.

Chris

call me stupid .. but dont you lose the car of you lose the race ? Who would keep the money?

For those that haven't seen the PINKS! show, yes if you lose, you lose the car. Its gone. The folks that have invested $26 in the raffle have lost their $26. The sponsors (like me) who have invested more have lost their investment. The car builders, who have by far invested the most, lose the car and their 6 weeks of hard work and have to drive 18 hours back to Houston with an empty trailer behind their truck.

Its a big gamble and if you're not comfortable gambling $26, please don't do it.

That being said, i want it to be abundantly clear in how this will work, this is a raffle for the complete longblock from valve cover to oil pan out of the Pinks car engine bay. In this raffle you will be bidding on the motor we will be racing in the actual car, this is a show based around the premiss of gambling. That being said the tickets being sold in this raffle, are being sold with the known factor that the raffle will only go through in full, if we win the race, if we do not win we are at the mercy of the competitors. I want that to be abundandtly clear to ANYONE who intends on purchasing tickets.