IGNORED

240z Carbies

farfromparadise

HI

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction... I need to get some new Needles and Jets or nozzels for my original Hitachi/SU carbs off a 1973 240z... when looking for the nozzels i was told that the 240z came with hitachi carbs not SU however in the handbook i have they are labled SUs.... i was just wondering if someone could clear this up for me as i'm unsure as to what i should be looking for....

Have contacted the main carbie group up here in Brisbane and they told me to hit up the forums as they are unable to locate them....

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Josh

Thanks alot for the replys i really appreciate the help.... From my limited understanding of the situation from all the reading that i've undergone the Australian 1973 240z carbies are the 3 screw round top hitachi version which were the 1972 style american 240z... not the flat top version you guys have on your 1973 240z or the previous owner may have already gotten rid of the flat tops and replaced the carbies with the round ones. I have hopefully sourced some parts which wasn't easy and it looks like i may have to get them shipped from overseas...

Thanks again for everyone help

Josh