Sign in to follow this  
khughes

anyone for a brake upgrade?

Hi Guys,

i am posting this a little early, but in the near future i am going to be upgrading the brakes on my 240K

The Car currently has a set of upgraded front brakes which i am looking to sell (they were on the shell when i bought it). My car currently has C210 struts, but i do not think this makes a difference (i believe they were only swapped as the struts were height adjustable)

The Calipers are Toyota Hilux with Honda accord discs. They fit under my 14" rims and according to the datsun 1600 guys, are a pretty good upgrade to the 240k ones!

Not sure what they are worth, i guess around $350 for the calipers, pads and rotors? they will have to come off when the upgrade takes place, as i believe you need to remvoe the bearing to get the rotor off (:sleepy: ) so i am not going to attempt to do it myself.

anyone interested?

If anyone is serious about a bigger upgrade, i am also going to be selling the parts i collected for a 300ZX/R31 front and rear upgrade:

Pair of Nissan 300ZX Non-Turbo 4 piston Alluminimum 26mm calipers (paid $100)

300ZX calipers powdercoated red ($100)

set of 300ZX caliper seals (paid $170)

Pair of Nissan R31 Pintara single pot calipers (paid $50)

calipers powdercoated in red ($100)

set of R31 caliper seals (paid $30)

Set of R31 pintara rotors (paid $50)

set of brand new Ferodo Extra Pads (payed $78)

2x brand new DBA Slotted 616 rotors (bought for $260)

looking for $270 for the 300ZX calipers and $450 for the rears, some work would be needed fitting the brakes, ie. brackets, front rotors and hand brake cables etc. they are all here, off the car etc. so if you want them you can have them!

a bargain compared to what i am looking at now spending on brakes :(

post-6769-14150796818592_thumb.jpg

post-6769-1415079681888_thumb.jpg

from sizing it up it looks like the rears simply need to have the drums and backing plate removed, a mounting plate made up and welded to the frame and a handbrake cable customised.. if anyone is interested, i will seperate the R31 new rotors with the rest

$250 for the rear DBA rotors (advertised on the R31 forums, so they could go quickly)

$200 for the rest (i would need to dbl check the used disk thickness)

maybe it would be worth going the Toyota/Honda fronts and the R31 rears?

the Toyota calipers and honda disks are now being held for Lachlan.

the other brakes are still for sale!

the hilux four pots are a direct bolt up, like on the s30 struts?

must you use the accord rotors or is it just if you desire vented?

what year/model accord?

anyone have dimensions or pics of rotors?

Lachlan should, as he bought them from me (not sure if they are fitted yet?)

they bolted up to late model 240k struts, though it is not clear what year the change was. my car has C210 coil overs, and they bolted straight up to those.

pics of rotor, two posts up :)

so the accord rotors (what year/model?) fit without mods, but except for being vented, and the install of 4-pots, all other measurements are the same? if so, then i won't really need detail pics/measurements

aren't there 2 types of hi-lux 4-pots that fit the c110/s30 strut?

it is probably best the get the rotor diametres off Lachlan, and then match them up with the right model ones from the DBA catalogue, i didn't do the mod myself, as the brakes came on the shell that i bought, though it doesn't seem to be much different to the mods that the Z guys do..

I picked up a set of struts from a wreckers lying aound for my old 240k a few years back.

They ere about 275mm ventilated disks. Made a huge difference.

Same size disk as the early 300z. I believed they were out of a 1988 silouette skyline australian model.

resurrection time ... if kent is still around? ... hey kent, does the r31/z32 combo require positive offset wheels? i ask because here 510 guys run s12/z32 combo, and that requires positive offset wheels

Hi Matt,

unfortunately i didn't actually get the R31/Z32 combo installed, so i can't really help.. i originally had the hilux/accord combo on the front (with steel wheels, not that it was ever on the road in this setup), which i then replaced with R34 GTT calipers and rotors with custom mounts.

I still have the Z32 N/A calipers here though if anyone wants them.. and i also have 2 BNIB rear caliper mount to suit a DR30 (early models that used a bracket rather than being welded to the arm), which should fit straight up to the rear axle..

I still have the Z32 N/A calipers here though if anyone wants them.. and i also have 2 BNIB rear caliper mount to suit a DR30 (early models that used a bracket rather than being welded to the arm), which should fit straight up to the rear axle..

Can you put up a few picture of the caliper mount please.

Nigel

no probs, i will get a pic when i am next over there.

I also have a brand new US 15/16" Master cylinder too..

no, i am afraid not.. but it should work with the standard booster..

i am using a 1" DR30 skyline master on mine (apparently pretty rare now).. and i "think" that the booster was a 10" R31 item (but it could have been a DR30 one too..)

My std booster is the size of your fist and looks more like a clutch booster than a brake one. I'll look into getting a DR30 set up like you. Have you tested your brakes out yet?

Can you put up a few picture of the caliper mount please.

Nigel

khughes did you end up taking a few photos ?

Nigel

Sorry Nigel, i completely forgot.

I will try and get my mate to bring one in tomorrow to work and i will send you some pics.. failing that i will get some on the weekend (i will set a reminder for myself!)

sorry Nigel for the delay.. i finally have the adaptors here now ;)

if you want measurements, let me know

post-6769-14150802798276_thumb.jpg

measurements are:

caliper mount (centre of hole to centre of hole) ~114.3mm

hub mount (top to bottom, centre to centre of hole) ~60mm

hub mount (left to right, centre to centre hole) ~83mm

offset (from front to offset caliper mount holes) ~30mm

Thanks,

Just checking your bracket measurements, against my mock up bracket that I made from MDF, also I need the offset distant, see my picture

Nigel

post-12467-14150802810458_thumb.jpg

post-12467-1415080281085_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150802811214_thumb.jpg