IGNORED

Four doors aren't cool.

Alfadog

Jim,

Just outta curiousity, what car is that in your avatar? Don't think I've ever seen it before!

Rick

G'day Rick!

This is the first Prince GT R-380. Built by Prince Motor Company before the merger with NISSAN. Hence the logo on the side of the car, a better version is below. It's full history is a great read, but a bit long winded for here.A weight of 660 kg, It was powered by a 1996cm3 200ps (147kW) @ 8000rpm twin cam six. Three dcoe Webers. Known as the GR8. This was the foundation for the S20 found in the 1968-73 Nissan Skyline GT-R and the 1969-74(?) Fairlady Z 432 & 432-R.

This particular version never competed against other vehicles, due to no Japanese GP in 1965, but did set some speed and endurance records in 1965.

The 1966 GP was another story!! ..as well as a slightly different version of the R380.

The two pics are from later years, the engine shot shows NISSAN parts now, and the other is the 1966 JP GP grid (for sports cars). As you can guess the history of this car is a pet project of mine, so if anyone has info or corrections to offer I'd be pleased to hear it.:classic:

Jim.

post-6441-14150796950016_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150796950357_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150796950653_thumb.jpg

This is my inspiration...

With the Laurel front fender indicator fittings Jim? And can someone please please please inform me of how it is possible to put a coupe rear light panel on a sedan :dead:! Ive most definitely attempted it, and to me, major panel modifications are needed - maybe thats just the way :D??