IGNORED

70's pinstripes and other cool details...

Gav240z

Alfas got an aversion to white lettering on tyres.

It's very seventies though isnt it? whitle lettering that is.

If anyone has seen Overhaulin a show like monster garage and pimp my ride but better IMHO the guy who does those cars like to make use of those kind of paint jobs that bring a bit of the past up to the present.

Speaking of bringing old cars into the present. Have you seen the Mustang they built for the 3rd Fast and the Furious movie.

I think its a 67 fastback, like Steve McQueen drove in Bullitt, or Johnny Depp drove in 21 Jump street.

Now this is the bit thats got all the red-necks panties in a bunch, it is powered by a Nissan RB26DETT.

Can't say I'm a fan of the chrome over the wheel arches. Looks like rubbish (especially with the white writing on the tyres ew!). Love the lower 240Z stripe you were playing with though Gav. That's about the extent I'd ever go. :)

Agree. The big lower white stripe on red with the wheels in Gav's avatar look brilliant. Yet to see an actual car like that too.

Alfas got an aversion to white lettering on tyres.

It's very seventies though isnt it? whitle lettering that is.

Agreed on both counts! If I had some Corvette or other yank tank I'd probably like it. But otherwise nope. I like whitewalls though on the appropriate car.

it is powered by a Nissan RB26DETT.

Give them a bit of their own medicine!! When I saw those pictures I couldn't believe my eyes. Truly awesome! Completely wrong, but totally cool. Maybe now more "rednecks" will be able to see where we're coming from when we cry about putting V8's in Z cars?

Agreed on both counts! If I had some Corvette or other yank tank I'd probably like it. But otherwise nope. I like whitewalls though on the appropriate car.

Give them a bit of their own medicine!! When I saw those pictures I couldn't believe my eyes. Truly awesome! Completely wrong, but totally cool. Maybe now more "rednecks" will be able to see where we're coming from when we cry about putting V8's in Z cars?

Haha I thought the RB26 was funny aswell when I saw a few forums with some purists going nuts about it. Some of them were slagging off the motor because it was Japanese and one guy chimed in and said all your American V8's are built in Mexico anyway :lick: .

I'm not a big fan of the chrome over the wheel arch but on that car on Ebay I thought it was ok.

A guy in a 2+2 nearby here an elderly gentlemen has white wall tyres and it looks quite cool I think. It's a very nicely looked after 2+2 probably one of very few still around.

I love the 70's side stripe like the one I photoshopped and I'm probably going to order them over from motorsport auto soon.

I've just been toying with the idea of a unique paint scheme, nothing outrageous or ricy but more subtle and keeping in the character of the car. On the Z the bonnet has that nice hump and I like the idea of some form of pinstripe around that region much like what is on the Ebay car I posted above.

In Australia the new BA Falcon's?(Not good with the ford's and models) have some form of stripe on the bonnet like this especially on the XR6's and BOSS 302's.

I was hoping more people would have some images to share though. :ermm:

I'm toying with the idea of 'Italian' 60's style gt stripes, say a 3 inch stripe with 1/4 inch stripes on either side running over the centre of the bonnet and roof, biggest problem is straight lining over the bonnet blister.

Does any one have the diametions of those side stripes on Gav's Avatar?

love to make up something similar :love:

I'm so happy that y'all love the 240 side stripes. If you want to see a nice example, look in the Motorsport catalog, 20th Anniversary edition (orangey cover), on page 24. THAT'S MY CAR!!!! I guess my installation was good enough to use for advertising.

chrome in wheel wells is for caprice classics and crown victoria's

on the other hand the pinstripe on the hood bulge reminded me of a 70-71 Corvette LT-1. i think they accentuate what is there, similar to a low cut blouse.

here's an example

http://www.americanstreetmachines.com/xCars/PageId/11/Classic-Chevrolet-1971-Corvette-LT1-SOLD-TN-For-Sale/Id/46/1971-Corvette-LT1-SOLD-TN/ProdId/126/LId/0,46/1971-Corvette-LT1-SOLD-TN.html

or here

http://www.cars-on-line.com/19301.html