IGNORED

Have you seen the new MSA mag wheels?

Ed

Those 7X17 slots are awesome! I think my ol' 240Z could would like a set for Christmas. They're just enough without having the rubberband tire look.

For the Red 280Z, the chrome "Z" dipstick is a must have. Thought that was pretty neato too!

Vicky

Those are made by American Racing and I think you can get them cheeper through a AR dealer. I think the 17 look weird but the 15's are perfect, just my opinion though. My original 14's are shiny like the MSA wheels but I sure would like to have 15's instead.

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=170&name=AnsenÆ%20Sprint&style=A69&desc=1-piece%20painted%20/%20machined%20alloy&section=N

They also have these which you can get in custome offsets and widths..

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=196&name=Silverstone%20Custom%20Offset&style=401&desc=2-piece%20painted%20center,%20polished%20rim&section=N

Looks like the 17's are pictured in the MSA mini-magazine, no? I think they look pretty agressive but still maintain the retro Z-slot look but with a modern tone. That's all JMO too. My husband say 16's are as big as he would go. I've got hubcaps on my 240Z so anything would look better for me. I like the look of a slot. All the other rims are "flowery", to close to todays ricer theme IMO.

I'd really like a set of 14 or 15 Cragar SS rims but that's not even an option for an old Z car :( .

Oh well.........

Vicky

I beg your pardon, oh purist crowd.....I happen to think 17" wheels on the early Z look terrific, provided a complimenting ride height. Vicki, you seem to have a negative obsession about (rubberband tires) low profile tires....each to their own but some of us like the more up-to-date look and performance they offer. Sorry, but that just my opinion. I think I get far more compliments on my Z with 17" wheels than I would if it had 14", 15", or 16". 17"s tends to look a bit progressive than the run of the mill 14", 15", or 16". Man I'll probably catch flack for this one!

Nope, they look too big to me. Not right for a Z. I do like modern tires too, I've got 225/45-17 on my family car. But it just doesn't look right to me on a Z.

Might do the 15's, though, when I replace my mis-matched 14's.

I beg your pardon, oh purist crowd.....I happen to think 17" wheels on the early Z look terrific, provided a complimenting ride height. Vicki, you seem to have a negative obsession about (rubberband tires) low profile tires....each to their own but some of us like the more up-to-date look and performance they offer. Sorry, but that just my opinion. I think I get far more compliments on my Z with 17" wheels than I would if it had 14", 15", or 16". 17"s tends to look a bit progressive than the run of the mill 14", 15", or 16". Man I'll probably catch flack for this one!

Tom, read closer, deeper and clearer, I'm saying I like the 17's!! Those aren't rubberband size. It's the 18, 19, 20, "the dubs", etc that people (ricers) put on their rides. Even worse is the rubberbands on trucks and SUV's. I think your Z looks great with the rims and tires and plus it's RED!! :D

Vicky

Tom, read closer, deeper and clearer, I'm saying I like the 17's!! Those aren't rubberband size. It's the 18, 19, 20, "the dubs", etc that people (ricers) put on their rides. Even worse is the rubberbands on trucks and SUV's. I think your Z looks great with the rims and tires and plus it's RED!! :D

Vicky

Your so kind Vicky.......please excuse me, it's monday!

Nope, they look too big to me. Not right for a Z. I do like modern tires too, I've got 225/45-17 on my family car. But it just doesn't look right to me on a Z.

Might do the 15's, though, when I replace my mis-matched 14's.

I agree 100%. Chrome wheels on a S30 doesn't do it for me either.....