IGNORED

carb change over from FI

gator

Hey guys,

Against all myths the vent covers for series I 240 rear hatches are available at your local Nissan dealer. Part number 90950-E4101 pick mine up yesterday. BTW less than on Ebay

I suspected as much. I think that a whole lot of the new parts on eBay are simply ordered from the dealer (or other supplier) and then resold at a higher price. For example I noticed that '70-71 choke knobs open for $8.50 plus shipping on eBay, yet the same knob is $5.45 from MSA.

I am looking for a choke cable for my 280z I cant seem to find a cable that will adapt to the 72' SUs I have just installed. Can anyone shed some light on this. Is there a chance I will find the correct assembly that will bolt onto my 77' 280 console?

Gator,

You might PM one of our Aussie friends and see if they have some info on your choke cable. You also might post a photo of the console with the area uncovered and we'll see how close it is to a '73-74. BTW, the '73 choke cable is still available from Nissan. Good luck!

<snip> the engine won't shut off when I turn off the key, I have to get out and pull the wire from the coil. I'm pretty sure those two problems are related, as when I turn off the key the tach starts reading much higher. Got a bug in the wiring somewhere.

P.S. - Dave, I picked up a vented hatch yesterday too!

Arne, you might give Beandip a PM. Seems he was telling me that scenario the other day. I thought he was saying something about putting a diode in the system to solve that problem. Best of luck to you and thanks for the updates. It is really good info. Beandip just helped me (more like taught me and helped me) pull the motor and tranny from an '82 and I'll be doing much the same this winter or spring.

Fired it up again today, and ran it for a short while. It's running quite rich, I'm probably going to have to reset everything and start from scratch. But the simplicity of the SUs will make that much simpler than trying to deal with a botched injection installation. Very happy with it so far.

And to recap, my earlier long post about what was needed was pretty accurate. I apparently had all the issues identified before I started.