IGNORED

Color Choice

jbortho

If you like white I would look at the GM color "white diamond" it comes on the new Cadillacs. http://www.automotive.com/2005/83/cadillac/sts/photos/colors/white-diamond.html

It is one of my favorite colors, real eye catching. Not sure how it would look on a Z though. A darker shade of off white or silver is what ill probably be painting my Z.

I have always loved the factory orange. When i purchased my 1970 it was painted white, but came from the factory as metalic blue. The car had a ok white paint job but they didnt paint the engine bay to match. In my opinion, if you are going to change the color of the car, you have to do it right and remove the old paint. See my website, www.my70z.com. It shows some transformations of how i changed the color. I am still posting photos. My gallery has some photos of the car in its current color.

Like it was said earlier, color is a personal preference....kind of like woman.

You are the one that is going to have to live with it (her) :knockedou

I wonder if you want an original color even if not the original color for your car. I have a friend who painted his '72 the '05 350Z Le Mans Sunset (kind of metallic orange). It is really beauiful on the early Z. Sorry Roger! If your not around Portland, it would be different and just flat pretty.

http://www.automotive.com/2005/83/nissan/350z/photos/colors/le-mans-sunset-clearcoat-metallic.html

I really like the medium blues that were close to original, but it seems to be becoming the most popular color for a repaint. They do look gorgeous with the white side stripe.

http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz240zsports/index.html

Ive only just decide on the colour for my '75 2+2. It was light blue metalic from factory, but im going Daytona Blue off the 350Z! Its a beautiful colour and it wont look too bad when the bonnet is up to show the old colour.

I was going to paint it adifferent colour completely but thought blue would be best! Blue and chrome... mmmm...

But thats just me, go for whatever you want!

datto 240z, your car is coming along well. Is your original color #510? That's the color of my car in (in my avitar). It's actually a bit darker than the picture shows it and I think it's a nice color but so is the 350Z blue. I remember you when you first came on this site. I believe you were riding a moped, or whatever you might call them over there. You wanted a Z, you got a Z and your're in the process of fixing it up. Good on you!

I have always loved the factory orange. When i purchased my 1970 it was painted white, but came from the factory as metalic blue. The car had a ok white paint job but they didnt paint the engine bay to match. In my opinion, if you are going to change the color of the car, you have to do it right and remove the old paint. See my website, www.my70z.com. It shows some transformations of how i changed the color. I am still posting photos. My gallery has some photos of the car in its current color.

Like it was said earlier, color is a personal preference....kind of like woman.

You are the one that is going to have to live with it (her) :knockedou

looks like you did a nice job on the paint, did you do all that yourself?

Thanks. No i did not paint the car. I stripped it down myself and delivered the car to the body shop stripped. You can see the photos on my website.

I waited a year to get into the body shop of my choice. He is the best in the area and not cheap.

looks like you did a nice job on the paint, did you do all that yourself?

Hmm well good question I'll be honest when I was looking for a z a really liked the '72 green or the '74 260 green -but based on condition I got an orange/red colored z so heres where im going-- If you dont like the orig white and you can paint everything that "should" be painted the new color -id do it !! but but I would stay within a '71 datsun factory color ,that way your not too far off the deep in my opinion the only way to kill thwe value is use a wild custom color and /or repaint a different color and do under the hood ans all the other areas