IGNORED

I found "The One" for me! - Pictures

=Enigma=

Very nice. What are your plans for the car (if anything)? It looks like it is in good enough shape to just park in the garage and drive on weekends.

I'm not sure at this point. It drives fine but a little rough and starts missing badly above 4K. The plugs, disti cap, rotor, and points look ok. As do the plug wires, however I got a new set of plug wires with the car so I think I'll swap those in and see if it makes a difference. If that doesn't help, I will replace the coil as it looks a bit old and has a proprietary top post that holds the wire in by plastic knurled screw cap. Kinda strange and it's cracked.

I just finished changing the motor, tranny and diff oils.

Next on the list, clean the carbs and get them syncronized or possibly do a rebuild if necessary.

All the weather stripping looks good but it's all a little hard so I'll probably replace all of it at some point, along with all the hoses that show signs of cracking or brittleness, particularly in the fusl system.

The car appears to have some upgraded suspension components, namely it looks lower than I remember Z's being in stock form, and it appears to have aftermarket anti-roll bars but I'm not sure of this.

The interior is in great shape, noting to do there but a bit of cleaning. The dash looks brand new. not a single crack or fading anywhere. Amazing.

Good going looks like you found a fine Z . You should be stoked . LOL I am not a fan of the sun or moon roof either but that is just me . You like it and that is what is important . You have found a real diamond . As for the missing , before diveing into rebuildint things and replaceing stuff . Check the fuel filters and if in doubt change them . There should be a electric as well as a mechanical fuel pumps and there is a inline filter before the electric one . There may be screen filters in the inlets of the float bowls where the line connects also . From the pictures , it looks like there is some kind of different dist installed , you said it has points ? This could be a sorce of the miss as well . She looks like a beauty . I had to wait 31 years for mine . LOL Gary

Thanks Beandip, I realized that I had forgotten about the fuel filter, or filters? Is there more then one? I know of the one in the engine compartment, is there one by the elec fuel pump as well? I'm still waiting for some maintenance books on this thing.

I just found out from the original owner that the car was only driven 5,000 miles in the last 15yrs. This goes a long way towards explaining the amazing condition of the car. That being said, what's the best way to purge the fuel system of varnish build up. Should I even be worried about this?